Water Issues

In VR this is the worst, I cannot express what is wrong with the water in words, but it breaks the immersion.
Today’s patch notes say theY removed water reflections in PCVR — there were water reflections?? That’s what that was supposed to be? What was it reflecting, my white ceiling?? :smirk:

4 Likes

I don’t seem to have this problem. Just tested with and without mods and water looks ok. PC. Amd gfx and cpu.

Maybe you have mods that are interfering?

Personally I’m glad they got rid of the water reflections in VR as they never quite worked and didn’t look good even if/when they did.

1 Like

No mods. Also AMD. But I am in experimental.

I’m also in experimental. On the other hand I’ve emptied 16 tanks of pulse fuel and still yet to find a single living ship upgrade.

2 Likes

I started like you - I searched and searched, and couldn’t find anything. But I’ve got lots now. A couple of things seem to have helped:

1. You will see some players saying things like “You find the first upgrade after 10 or 15 seconds”. Well, maybe they did - but in my experience, 10 or 15 minutes is more likely. Find a nice system, and stay there. Just keep pulsing around - the upgrades will appear eventually.

2. Exotic systems really are better. Ideally, go for a blue star system. Once you’re there, just keep pulse flying. If you get attacked by pirates, outrun them, then go back to pulsing. It can take a long time.

3. Take your time. Enjoy the scenery and the new discoveries. Have fun.

6 Likes

My third Living Ship hasn’t yielded a single thing since I got it, no matter how much I pulse around. :laughing: That’s OK though. I’m not a huge fan of ‘farming’ goodies. First I was curious to see if the tricks worked & then I was just a bit nervous of my vulnerabilities in my permadeath save so I hunted up a few. Lots to lose in that one.
In my youngest and most played recently save I’ll just take what I find as I find it.

7 Likes