Waking Titan is returning! / Investigation

Me last night watching the Black Mirror, USS Callister episode and taking notes. The phrase “You’re losing your damned mind” was uttered my way…image

8 Likes

Yay. More nothing.

Awesome ARG guys…

Cant we just have developer blogs instead lol.

The previous ARG was engaging, this one is just nothing. Literally nothing.

Blegh.

1 Like

Well I think something might have happened to the passes, like a shipping delay. The passes are hopefully the next step. Lord give me strength… I’m hoping they are. I also hope they come in tomorrow, but I’ve been hoping that since they were announced. Hope hope hope, Luke where are you.

3 Likes

Things aren’t going to start until the passes come out from what they stated in that message

3 Likes

So do we think the pass code is nine characters?

1 Like

This one hasn’t even really begun. Once we receive more information about the passes and solve the glyph, the pace will pick up.

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s not a shipping delay. They won’t send them until Hello Games gives the go-ahead so that the ARG will be paced to end when the update is ready to release.

1 Like

then tell them to release NOW!!!
WE WANT EMILY!!!

3 Likes

Not sure if this was mentioned before. The art work of Yayoi Kusama “Infinity Mirrors”.
Check out room 3. Wonder if this has relevance.

12 Likes

Now I am just wondering if I will be between the lucky ones! 10.000 passes have been shipped but no Pass has arrived xD

Holly Moses give me strenght

2 Likes

Alice & Smith said in the q&a after WT finished up initially, that it wasn’t over and that it would return for, lack of a better term, a “second season”, that it would continue to evolve alongside the community and the game.

2 Likes

I remember them saying originally that it can up to 6 weeks for processing and shipment. Perhaps that timing still applies to some degree. Meaning: They have made them, but they still need to address, package and ship them, and then you add the shipment time.

2 Likes

Magic Mirror 1.5

20 Likes

“Mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the Murray-est of them all?” :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

So… we have pictures of infinity mirrors, and the encoded word “mirror”. The game about an infinite universe in the by now famous black mirror episode, that was released shortly before waking titan gave its new lifesign, is called infinity, and features a planet that’s an obvious shout-out to no man’s sky. In this episode, a crew of simulated persons trapped in the local, modded version of the game escape from the tyranny of its developer into the mmo version running on cloud servers, by fleeing through a wormhole that opened by the installment of the delayed multiplayer patch.

#what is 1.5?

Yeah, I think I’m getting a picture here… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Still not thinking they manage to turn it into a full mmo, but I would be very surprised if multiplayer wasn’t the core feature of the next update (or possibly the one after, on the off-chance that there still will be a 1.4 release). If only I’d care about it more… But then, the universe is a big enough place for me to get all the solitude I want, so I don’t mind either.

6 Likes
4 Likes

“MMO-esque, but not a core element of gameplay.” Sounds like we’ll be able to meet up if we want to, but it’s not necessary.

Multiplayer is very likely coming, but it’s optional and very likely cooperative based rather than the traditional pvp.

3 Likes

Oh man, my brain is making connections again. So just like that episode, what if those inactive rings are “wormholes” to 16 player coop areas. Our “escape” from normal single player.

9 Likes

My take on the information currently available:

1. The code to unlock the 10th Glyph will be the word MIRROR - however that code won’t work until they have sent out the Atlas Passes - just like with OBSERVATORY, the glyph was unlocked before the code was accepted. When will we get them? Very soon.

2. An update to the Multi player aspect will be available in patch/update 1.5. And the next ARG phase will climax with that update.

3. Black Mirror’s S04E01 USS Callister has nothing at all to do with NMS… the only thing that comes close is the point that it’s a game universe. S04E04, Kill the DJ has way more elements relating to NMS than USS Callister… so can we just put all the Black Mirror theories to rest.

4. The 16 minutes story line has only just begun…

5. mirror irrorm rrormi rormir ormirr rmirro

Why I think these things, I’ll explain in separate upcoming posts…

5 Likes

I was going to watch through all of Black Mirror’s episodes (because they are darkly interesting even if not NMS related). I look forward to episode 4.4. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes