Videos / Streaming / Podcasts - No Man's Sky / Waking Titan

Was just looking where to post this lol you beat me to it!! Was going to say I’m a little annoyed that te ETARC don’t ever seem to get mentioned as one of the galactic bodies :angry:

1 Like

Well, this community did come later on because of the ARG. There is a good PS4 group here in the ETARC Hub. Now, if we could just get the PC group better supported…and we do have a government of sorts. There was a lot of voting when the Chain was being set up. Otherwise, we just explore and let explore. I really liked the article though I just found out that not all agree. :no_mouth:

PS. I will add that HG retweeted this article

2 Likes

@sheralmyst
Starfall is a star over in the Amino Hub famous for it being the original Pilgrim Star location.

The Etarc Hub starchain was initially named the Firefly Star Chain after the discovery but once there was interest in this location becoming a hub the name was dropped.
As far as I know the Etarc Hub is a mostly ungoverned area of space surrounding an unusual 2 region tall starchain. There is a capital planet ‘Edison’ in the system of Etarcia ECSD but no actual government. It’s a free zone based around discovery, with a basic naming protocol of including the suffix ‘ECSD’.
I have no idea how many PS4 & PC players have made their way here or live in the surrounding regions now.

1 Like

:crazy_face: yeah, I am getting dementia or something. Thanks!

You’ve confused me a little? My theory is that NMS is set in the future (a future taking place after W/ARE have risen to power and trapped us in the simulation) in the game lore now, we know we are trapped in a simulation and cannot yet escape so that lines up.

With regards to the ARG itself - This part in my theory is taking place now IRL and is a precursor to the point in which the game is set…i.e WARE releasing the headset now they have acquired all of the tech they need from Atlas Foundation, Myriad, Superlumina etc. is the first step in them gaining power and at some point in the future they will use the headsets to trap us in the game at which point it is no longer a game to those trapped within.

Essentially this phase of the ARG is the orgin story of WARE and how they eventually rise to power and trap the world inside the game NMS.

1 Like

I wonder if this could be where the ring structures, the Boundary Failures, could come into play? Could they be the way out of the loop or simulation?

But we can escape, which is my entire point:

Saving and leaving the game is registered by the AI inhabiting your suit. It is aware that you’re from a higher reality, and that you return to it occasionally. Saving and leaving the game is not just a mechanic. It’s canonical lore.

Ah I see what you mean - There will never be a point in which we can’t save in the game however so no ARG outcome involving being trapped in a simulation will avoid that regardless of when it happens. We also have no idea what happens to the traveller we play as when we save and are registered as leaving - it could easily be explained as the brain locked into the simulation needing real sleep or some form of break from the simulation despite still being hooked in to rest and recover?

Also of course I am hesitant to believe anything in game lore at the moment as we don’t know if what we are being told is real or part of the programmed AI protocols :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh yeah I agree, great article! :smiley:

1 Like

True. Which means they’re either going to ignore this rather easter-eggy piece of lore, or they don’t do the sinister brain hijacking, or they go with a toned-down version of it.
I could well imagine that the Ware-set is some kind of attempt to stabilise the Atlas… wheather by just hijacking peoples brain power while they are asleep, or by keeping them in that state artificially to get the most of it. They might only do it to some not to cause undue attention, too.

1 Like

This could be true however, I am now wondering about the center of the universe and the Remembrance lore where Atlas is busy trying to find the Creator and wondering why it was abandoned. In an effort to find the Creator, Atlas keeps running these loops or iterations. In the meantime, civilizations are living, fighting and dying, none of them aware they are in a simulation except for Nada and Polo with an Anomalous sphere that protects them. If the ARG is being used as a way for Emily and all players to help stop the cycle of iterations and loops, it could be that Atlas will find the Creator and that will be at the center of the universe, which would mean we could finally go there and find something meaningful. Until then, when we reach the center, we just get sent back because Atlas can’t find the Creator.

OMG hand me the tinfoil…this is all your fault @LPlaysGaming :rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe we should take this discussion to another thread? Or maybe the comment section of L Play’s video.

2 Likes

Sorry. :tired_face: I’m done. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah sorry guys xD

3 Likes

My NMS v1.00 series bore fruit! Here is Omegon on a planet’s surface!

7 Likes

Here is the playlist of my NMS v1.00 series. More videos will be added to it every day.

3 Likes

Streaming now! (I know it’s been a while)

4 Likes

Please forgive me @LPlaysGaming. Immitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

4 Likes

My NMS v1.00 series is complete (you can access the livestream series above).

Glad to be back to visiting bases in the current version!

4 Likes
1 Like