Update 1.3 - Atlas Rises Is Live!

Tech question…I had already ordered another graphics card and some more RAM. I am running NMS with medium graphics and would like to run on high, will these help me? It does seem the game is a little more demanding since the update…just trying to figure this all out. High graphics now creares too much lag

1 Like

Tech questions work best if you list

1. what you currently have (CPU + mem + vid card + hdd + screen resolution)
  2. what you’re getting to upgrade it (if you want advice on “would this specific item improve my performance”)
  3. what part of the game you’re looking to improve

As I mentioned above, loading screen (as well as warp travel) requires other things (disk speed and some CPU) than for example the loading of terrain while flying over/towards planets (CPU mostly), which requires other things than looking around at high quality settings while standing on a planet (GPU mostly). So you could upgrade depending on which of these aspects you wish to change.
Since you mentioned high graphics, I assume you’re mainly looking at FPS while walking on a planet, so GPU could be a good factor here. But if you’re actually referring to how fast terrain/plants “pop in” when you’re moving quickly (bash+jet pack tricks), CPU may also have an effect.

Thanks. That answers it. My sons CPU is faster than mine. We will compare.

Yea, if you have 2 different PCs, you can always look around and compare. Though if the other PC is better on all aspects, it is still gonna be hard to figure out which part gives you the best boost. ^^

Have warped several times and saved and quit twice and it is still here…should I name it?

1 Like

Bob, you should name it Bob.

1 Like

It’s M. Noodles, stuck in the cage that is your base.

1 Like

I had one of these in my old base (before I tore it down :sob:) I was gonna call him Mr. Noodles.

1 Like

Guys I need your help!
Starting from scratch, or not starting from scratch… what an annoying dilema…

1 Like

Restart, it will feel much more fluent.

1 Like

Yeah totally agree I kept going with my old save at first but I felt like I was missing something. So I restarted and I’m glad I did. It feels like a more complete, cohesive experience.

1 Like

na, not with 3 S ships and 267 million units, freighter etc… I just want to advance in galaxies… it will not allow now

gotta take a break from NMS … frustrating

edit: I have omega technologies

2 Likes

I regularly have one doing loops inside my nursery dome. Its the easiest way to make them behave…you just keep them indoors.
I think I might name mine Loopy.

2 Likes

Well, that looks like a fresh new start!

You could call it … Neil Point or is that a bit to obsure? Or even somthing that works if you haven’t seen eurovision song contest…

1 Like