Update 1.3 - Atlas Rises Is Live!

Thanks, I restarted

I only ever played normal before from launch. This gave me a reason to play survival. I’m glad I started over…everything is so different that I am really enjoying the new stuff with the added challenge. Before everything was feeling like a chore and now I actually have to be smart with my plutonium for launching and also with my shield and life support systems. I never hid in a cave in all my previous hours…now I find that if I don’t have the stuff to repair, I hide a lot. Hoping to get a base established soon and start farming up some mods to help make life a but easier.

1 Like

I just up and moved mine to a new one. Found a nice tropical beach

Ohhhh. Soooo jealous!

1 Like
3 Likes

:slight_smile: I strategically knew that may be an issue in the long run. So, I introduced my (degreed artist) wife to the game. She has been playing the Creative Mode save as part of the empire.

The unfortunate thing about that is sharing the PS4 constantly… this may be cause for buying a second console … :money_mouth_face: (Christmas approaching!)

1 Like

I tried to get her into it she plays nms We took turns I played days she played night for like a month straight lol but she was not that interested in the arg she kept saying but I’m so far behind and you all are flying at a million miles per hour

They almost look like portals or warp gates you can fly through

1 Like

Maybe sentinel warp gates.
Explains how the walkers suddenly show up.

Dont forget the true star of this update

The terrain tool

1 Like

@bkpaladin I know that feeling… I love that I can get so much out of this game, but 3 times is more than enough haha :smiley:

Found a few glitch in the Matrix…i mean in the game.
Also i had to start all over with the home base knowledge and hire new people for the armor etc.??

And this one is just strange.

It’s actually seen things similiar to the 2nd picture pre update, but it certainly is strange.

I got the same problem my guy

My new home planet is covered in those rings. I find them in craters and around lakes. Except they’re grassy here.

1 Like

Can someone please help me on how you get the glyphs to input into a Portal? I’ve already charged portal and ita good to go. But i’ve been looking in caves all day and nothing. Do you have to get to a certain part in the story in order to start finding them?

I haven’t made it there yet to confirm, but there is a stage in the Artemis line where he gives you one. I assume that’s the trigger.

1 Like

is it just me or is anyone else getting like 1-3fps in the loading screen that flys through the universe and waiting like 5 minutes before it loads?

It takes a while for mine to load though my fps doesn’t drop quite that low. Just ordered a second card to hook to the one I have. Should know in a few days if it makes a difference.

The first time I loaded the game after the patch, it indeed slowed down greatly on the loading screen. This is because it had to re-calculate all the shaders/etc.
It might be worth noting that this is a CPU bound process, and thus a new GPU will not fix it.

The regular loading (after the first one) is probably affected by more factors, but once again the GPU is not the limiting factor. The loading screen is just there to entertain you while it loads your current galaxy/planet/etc as well as any relevant data into memory. Limiting factors are probably CPU, hard disk and (to far lesser extend) memory.

EDIT: just checked, regular loading seems to be most limited by hard disk speed. (At least, for me, I don’t have any SSD.)