Tritium Hyperclusters

I need 3 tritium hyperclusters to upgrade my pulse engines. Normally, I would jump into an asteroid belt and blast away. However, on both Switch and Steam Deck, the asteroids are rather thinned out. I have to fly from one to the next. Tedious and not producing the results desired. Is there another way to get these hyperclusters?

4 Likes

Have you tried those Floating Crystals you might find on planets, or possibly Buried Minerals? You’d be hoping to receive those Glowing Minerals to Analyse, after which there is a chance to become Tritium Hypercluster. Quite a bit of a workaround to get it though.

3 Likes

Ok. Will look for those. I have found a few but no hyperclusters. I am sure the sparse asteroids are for performance but I have seen a more dense cluster once…I wonder if I should report it or if no change can be made without affecting performance too much…

4 Likes

I would report it, as it may require to be re-balanced specific for your platform, where I assume this was indeed reduced for performance reasons with some oversight on the effect it would have in regards to resources.

3 Likes

To add to what @DevilinPixy said, I have found some also by clearing fields of DiHydrogen, saving up a pile of the extra mineral you get with it and then cracking those open. Also got an occasional storm crystal that way.

4 Likes

I have found (on PS5) the large clusters are best mined by just drifting through slowly using an upgraded photon cannon to hammer the lumps one after the other.
I later, go through my inventory & sift through my ‘finds’. Knowing some tech requires Hyperclusters & usually horde away a few into storage containers so I don’t have to hunt later.
Not much help if your platform dramatically thins these though…
I also shoot (rather randomly) Dihydrogen & other crystalline structures when planetside, which builds up resources slowly & have stumbled onto Hyperclusters that way too.

3 Likes

So sorry. My fault. I submitted a complaint that asteroid fields came in too many +&$@## waves and that also ruined photo ops.

:flushed:

4 Likes

Well, there should still be more dense clusters. On PC, if I follow the thinned asteroids, they lead to the dense ones. But on Switch and Steam Deck, no matter which direction I go, only one time have I found the dense clusters.

3 Likes

So I finally found another more dense asteroid field on Steam Deck. It seems the trick is to slow down and let it pop into existence. As you can see, still not as dense as PC but, much better. Even after they pop in, they sometimes shift around or remain visible after being mined but they do behave correctly after a few seconds.

7 Likes