The Lighter Side of NMS: Graphics Hiccups and Funny Pics

It has that pipe nose thing - I don’t know what to call it.

I think the fin is just light, not sure about the thrusters though

1 Like

Ahh okay gotcha, thanks for answering. I’ll have to keep searching for my “perfect ship” :wink:

1 Like

shipspin

Something to turn your head! I felt a bit giddy watching this.

9 Likes

Sit Simba sit! … I command you! …

… I have creature pellets!

11 Likes

Confused ground…

9 Likes

I figured this belongs in here rather than in the videos thread, leave that for streams and works of art :wink:

First visit to nada and polo on new VR playthrough went as well as you’d expect.

11 Likes

Was my first time getting into Beyond, checking out my creative save. Tried the new build mode where you can fly around in camera mode, which is awesome. Was paying attention to my creation when I realised someone was watching me. Started thinking about how the emotes worked again to be able to properly greet this person once I got out of build mode.

Well, as soon as I did, it hit me and caused quite a chock!

That person was me!

It is hard to describe what went through me at that exact moment. Now I laugh about it though and am glad I don’t have VR… pfffttt!

14 Likes

Unique start up.

12 Likes

I love the new speedboat module :grin:

16 Likes

Come back! I need you!

14 Likes

Posting these here for future giggles. I am sure Hello Games are aware of these things. (I hope so ) So there is not much point making a further ‘spin and dance’ about it… I’m sure they’re scratching their heads extremely hard at the moment and will fix things at some point. :slight_smile:

Anyway, lots of spectators were very concerned I was okay and started jumping about all over my ship lol. Eventually I gave them a countdown I was about to vanish… 10… 9… 8… 7… 6… 5… 4… 3… 2… 1… Auto sequence start… Pffft!

shipspinWooah shipspinWooah2

shipspinWooah5

14 Likes

Their turn lol

12 Likes

Go to the Nexus and sooner or later it will be your ‘turn’, :smile:
I have seen players make a game of it by jumping on the ship to push it down or by pushing it back up like a game of volleyball. Good times!

6 Likes

I also had the NEXUS zombie walk ‘Bind Pose’ haunting me too… :flushed:

NEXUZombieWalk

10 Likes

I’m beginning to feel these OLD bugs are BEYOND funny lately. :sweat_smile:

Been like that since we could build bases. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I landed my ship on a designated landing zone but was sitting under the ground slightly. The ground was not visible and it brought me back to the good old days of falling through planets.

I was playing in VR so I was quite terrified at the prospect of getting out but curiosity outweighed it and I kept a thumb close to my jetpack propulsion systems.

I got out unscathed but the save terminals and surrounding objects were all neatly buried. My ship decided to reinact that scene from Jaws the way humans like to.

In case anyone hasn’t seen it yet I thought I’d also share this little in-flight graphical downgrade that happens with PSVR…

When you use your pulse engine your ships exterior drops its LOD down a peg to deal with the sheer intensity of hyper speed space travel :blush:

7 Likes

Who’s a good prehistoric beastie? … You are! …Yes you are yesss you are!! … You like it when I scratch you there don’t you huh?

I think i’ll call you Rex!

12 Likes

Must be a serious battle, that guy lost half his freighter.

I keep having this problem. I would be angry if it wasn’t so funny.

8 Likes

I feel your pain xion

Have you landed on a trade station like this in VR yet? :joy:

At least I freed up a parking space, now why can’t we do this in the nexus when we glitch out haha.

Fresh out of hearts folks so here you go :heart::two_hearts: :heart: :two_hearts: :heart: :two_hearts: :heart: :two_hearts: :heart:

8 Likes

This is required listening for your gifs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

4 Likes