The Lighter Side of NMS. Graphics Hiccups and Funny Pics

All I did was go around the building, came back to this.

Not sure what happened.

XDragon

9 Likes

Are those Sentinel parts? Do they just look big or are they actual size but zoomed in close?

That’s close to actual size I am not sure how that walker came a part but I didn’t get him :slight_smile:

XDragon

1 Like

“See, Jamie? This is what happens to naughty sentinels who go around misbehaving!”

1 Like

Found my exocraft after NEXT dropped.

Space Station Suptnik.

Space Station Suptnik inside.

Ghost freighter. :ghost:

Time to spoon feed the help… or… Whos kids are these. :joy: They look like high chairs!

8 Likes

Interesting enough, I found something similar, although the parts are not as interesting as yours. Looks like drop pod scrap floating.

8 Likes

@sheralmyst – I wonder if that might be worth ZenDesking , then, ‘just in case’…?

That ground texture looks … very “rippled” – or, “over-bumpy”(?!) – if it’s wasting GPU cycles(?) to do that, it may be slowing the game down for some, or at least negatively affecting frame rates (even if not noticeable for some); and we know that lots of gamers hold their frame rates in high regard, so it would ultimately be in Hello Games’ interest to address it if they can produce a fruitful update / patch for it. :wink: Just my 2 cents’… :smiley:

@arpoja - have you met Q in YOUR corner of the universe? :wink:

@DevilinPixy - tried to SURF your land-visiting pet Fish…? :open_mouth:

@Polyphemus - would you remember an arcade classic called “Lunar Lander”…? :slight_smile: :+1:

@Xion4012 -
https://forums.atlas-65.com/uploads/short-url/9xDsMZ7UyRVl0KbXliLyAJuyAYC.jpeg
… did you happen to have a rough / turbulent ride through the planet’s atmosphere…? :open_mouth:
Didn’t get to the air-sickness bag in time, huh? :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :mask:
:thinking: :crazy_face: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

There is no try

15 Likes

Yeah, I don’t like flying :nauseated_face:

12 Likes

I believe tessallation is only available on PC (unless newest gen consoles can handle it) and it can be turned off.

1 Like

I was speaking through another Vy’keen

10 Likes

The moon knows.

See, no need to ask - the moon already knew who it belongs to.

12 Likes

OK, I’d not thought about tessellation - thanks for that.
(I believe, though, that the APUs / GPUs in both the latest XBox and PS4 ought to be able to handle tessellation.)

To make sure I’m clear: I wasn’t going on about the pretty hexagons (& hemi-hexagons) across that planet’s surface, but rather the “ripple-looking” / bumpy (black) lines . . . which made me wonder about a wet-looking surface. :slight_smile:

I’ve yet to find / hit a planet like that one – I’m gonna keep an eye out; I wonder if it’d be suitable for a base…?
Hmmm…

1 Like

Yes you can place a base without too much trouble. The basic resources are there. It takes longer to harvest them though as you are mostly busting tons of small rocks for ferrite.

1 Like

I guess I REALLY wanted to leave

Was in an uncharted system. There were no signs of space stations etc (as one expects from uncharted systems) but at all times it warned I was near one, no matter how far I went :slight_smile:

Wuh oh… Sorry Artemis, new iteration, new problem, same end result. We won’t be seeing eachother this time either :smirk:

through the window… Er… Walldow?

love it when the expression matches the flavour text :slight_smile:

When designing trading posts, they didn’t really account for natural occurrences like sand storms or, snow drifts.

I know he needs help I’m just not sure what with :smirk:

The locals are already decorating mineral shards and trees with gifts and trinkets for Grand Unification Day

thought I found a very rare unique frigate at first

11 Likes

That poor korvax is freezing! Dig it out

4 Likes

Those quads are getting real sneaky

11 Likes

In another system? Then what are you guys doing here?

By the way, no filter was used … just one of those abandoned systems, affecting even the Anomaly.

9 Likes

Underfloor, Peek-a-boo Quadra – that’ hilarious! :joy:

1 Like

Golden Helmet Glitch

11 Likes