So, I do art and stuff - general artistic / creative chat

I don’t know but when there is a large pack of them nearby, it is a bit scary. My dogs hide so I do too. :laughing: But I do enjoy listening to them.

2 Likes

That is truly beautiful! I envy anyone who can actually see the stars, let alone capture them on film/digital. When I look at the full moon I see a circle of ten moons, one for each separate layer of my eyes lenses.The stars have mostly disappeared. Sad.

When the Covid is gone I may still be able to get my eyes fixed, but for now it is making parts of my life pretty interesting --and filing my gratitude bucket!

Thank you for posting that beautiful reminder that they are still up there! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I’m really enjoying this woman’s videos. I loved this piece particularly:

The Master's Mistakes - YouTube

If you watch that to the end you’ll find a quote from Andrew Wyeth that was, to me, a very inspiring and memorable one.

I have taken a complete break from painting for two weeks for the holiday (Happy New Year, Everyone!) with the exception of my bedtime mark-making using a variety of pigment India ink brush markers, I’m ready to go back to painting again after a bit of tidying up in the Studio.

May your new year and all future years be filled with the joy of creativity in whatever form you enjoy the most! :heart:

2 Likes

Subscribed. Will definitely take a look. Happy creating!

1 Like

I did a double take when she showed the painting of the Russian gentlemen, one holding their national flag. lol
I went: “Wait! That’s the Italian flag.”

There are no proper art museums near me, so I appreciate her vids.

2 Likes

М42 and NGC1977 “Running man”

Captured with Canon 1100Da, scope SW 130PDS

12 Likes

Oh! So gorgeous! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Somehow I missed this movie. I assume it is only on Amazon Prime right now.

The artists’ works are a bit bizarre for his era but also a lot of fun

3 Likes

That looks fascinating! I’m going to try and find it.

Thanks! ;`)

1 Like

So why didn’t one of us think of this?

4 Likes

That is cool!

About ten years or so ago, Mal created a virtual gallery for his collection of simulated glass art sculptures that he had created in Bryce 3D. You could walk around in it from sculpture to sculpture.

I keep hoping that someday he will have tome to recreate the idea so that I could put my own art in it and put that on a website so that people could have a chill experience perusing my works.

He is pretty busy with his own projects right now though, so who knows? It may be years before I even feel it would “be a good time” to approach him about it again.

I like some of the abstract pieces in the CaptHarpo twitter pic. Looks really cool! i

3 Likes

I don’t know when I’ll have some art of my own to share, virtually. I still pass by my own little art studio every day, and cringe, and say, “Mmm… maybe tomorrow.” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Ugh, I feel like a failure, and the same with music. But right now, I’m caught up in writing still, so as TravelEcho said, do what makes me happy. So I shalt, and it’s a lot of fun spending time with my virtual friends. Before I put them through virtual hell, mwahaha. I laugh my mean creative laugh. :smiling_imp:

It’s possible I might do something completely different like a landscape, or possibly an aircraft painting on the to do list, but I fully intend to subject those wonderful art supplies to my whimmmy wills. Someday. Hopefully not too many days hence. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

An interesting additional bit about Louis Wain and schizophrenia:

EDIT: And here is a much gentler discussion of his life and art.

I have to add the caveat here that the style of his works does very little for me. But his persistence and passion in the face of tragedy I find very moving.

3 Likes

Michael Caine auction will bring a Lautrec and a Chagall to the auction block. I am certain that one of us will get the winning bid. :grin:

2 Likes

OMG! That’s worth taking a hammer to the piggy bank, n’est-ce pas? :laughing:

2 Likes

When they dismantle it…all that cracking wood sound… :dizzy_face: :grimacing: :scream: :rofl:

2 Likes

Beautiful work! I might have to look up some of those tools they used… <3

2 Likes

Smithsonian: 2000-Year-Old Roman Bowl Discovered Intact in the Netherlands.

4 Likes

Chalk on chalkboard

7 Likes

Chalk? Oh my god…

2 Likes