Screenshots 🖼

Tornado! I wanna see one! Lucky you! :smiley:

Ok, managed to get two photos. Did I mention that oculus screenshotter also replaces 50% of photos taken with a black screen? And makes NMS run at 10fps for 30 seconds.

Too close on the right.

Looks better when it’s moving.

And… saw the sandworm again, I had my keyboard close at hand to take a quick steam screenshot, but totally froze while I watched this giant thing raise itself over and to the left of me. I tried to take a scan but it was already underground. There is a sound, like very close lightning when it breaks free of the ground.

12 Likes

Bet that is sweet in VR…sandworm and the tornado

1 Like

Oh yeah, it’s very dramatic.

It seems that tornadoes do not appear everywhere on a planet during a storm. These ones only appeared near lakes. Possibly.

2 Likes

I’ve been running all over the sector I’m currently in, on the hunt for fighters and NICE planets, and that first trinary system, Nucollt-Irg, had a garden world called Uhman II which was very pleasant - aside from the scalding storms, which thankfully are infrequent. I would have shared some pics but it’s your basic Earth-like world with green grasses, light forestation and rolling plains. Was still chasing down that ace fighter when there was a call for help. I managed to save Commander Grongo’s massive star freighter. It looks pretty swank in orange-red and black, very Halloween.

I thought I had found my home, with three sunsets in one, when I came across the Noradli system just a few hundred light years down the road. It was only a binary system, doggone it. But it had… a Paradise world! And it was the first time I saw a vista like this…

I… think I changed my mind about my home address… :star_struck:

Pardon the live shots, but the photoluminescence sweeping through the plantlife was just too hard for me to catch with Camera Mode.

And then I went somewhere, and… actually, there’s a thread tailor made for my next pics. It involves some spacefaring hardware.

13 Likes

More random screenshots :camera_flash:
Mostly from my new normal mode save.

Origin Shots 2

Caught sight of a falling star while jettin’ around.

A nice place to make a base.

NOT a nice place to make a base.

Didn’t stop the Korvax from building one though.

A Nexus mission sent me to this pitfall of a planet. Watch your step around here. :eyes:

I debated whether this knowledge stone was worth it or not for some time.

The new mountains look fantastic in any setting.

Random space shot. :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Calling all lovers of Goth. Get thyself to a Vapour Planet.

There is a constant green tinted fog rolling across the ground.

Just don’t camp on this particular hill, :clown_face:

10 Likes

I was warping into one of my planets when all of a sudden I got hailed by a near by anomalous object .

13 Likes

12 Likes

Forsaken Planet-Gumiekod-Budullangr
An adventure in rocks.
And hills.
I landed.
It took a little time to absorb the idea of being on another world. Only in my wildest dreams could I have ever hoped to have had such an opportunity. But, here I was.

As the star of this world began to light up the snow-covered rocks around me, the sense of astonishment gave way to purpose. I had a mission. In the distance I could just make out a small hill.

Having nothing with which to gauge the size against, I was astonished at just how big the small hill really was.

But, even then, I did not know the half of it. After traversing only part of the way up, I was forced to stop and acknowledge the situation I was in.

The scale was tremendous.
I decided against going any higher and instead skirted my way around to the far side of this “small hill”.
I found a precipice.

I peered over.

Then I did the only thing any adventurer under the influence of super-charged adrenaline would do.
I jumped.

and I fell

and I fell

and when I finally landed, I realized I was not really at the bottom.

So I walked to the precipice

and I jumped again.

And then I caught sight of something. Something so bizarre it stole my attention from the immediate peril of a missed jetpack boost and nearly ended my adventure then and there.

What the? It looked like a giant putter lofting golf balls into space.

I was dumbfounded.
It was as if the gods of this world were laughing somewhere. Enjoying themselves as they watched this tiny speck of a being standing with her mouth open.
I marked the spot for posterity and claimed it in the name of all Traveller’s.
I called in my ship. Climbed in, relieved and a bit giddy. What a rush! What a find!
It was a good day.

13 Likes

12 Likes

My last attempt to get shot of a sandworm. In VR this took about 3/4 hour to setup the shot. In future I will use 2d for screenshots as the resolution is too low and also in VR, the sandworm keeps moving while trying to take a picture.

This is the system address, two planets, both unwelcoming, but both with sandworms.

Here it comes… notice huts for scale.

Leaping overhead. It’s big.

Diving down.

There it goes.

14 Likes

I would go with what you said then, glitch of some kind.

My first space encounter in Origins - I had never encountered the big skull in Beyond.

Devourer of Worlds…

12 Likes

My tin foil hat sparks with excitement after finding this!

Here is another. They look identical.

It even has a light source…

The base is solid enough to not be effected by the terrain manipulator…

What are these? Gek Huts? Maybe they are nests that will hold something in the near future?
I have been enjoying Origins so far with a 25 hour Permadeath save, so I tread very carefully.

13 Likes

This is my last shot of a sandworm. See if you can spot my spaceship.

10 Likes

I have trouble mentally thinking of these as “sandworms.” They look like larger, “spikier” versions of creatures that others have called “sky snakes,” though that term seems odd too. The segmentation reminds me of large IRL centipedes, though.

In any case, I like new flora and fauna, so I’m happy.

3 Likes

Was hoping you were swallowed whole, would be exciting! :grin:

All hail the Radish Queen!

I’m on top of the world!

I hear the theme from Close Encounters of the Third Kind

11 Likes

Nah, they’re harmless. More likely to get beaten to a pulp by a giant teddy-bear.

I can’t work out what this is you’re standing on. But no doubt it’ll be fun to find out. Ditto the close encounters pic.

Now for something completely different. I’ve never really been into taking screenshots, but every world seems so beautiful and serene and weird that I can’t help myself.

Even frosty planets, which all looked exactly the same before origin, seem to offer something new.

I typed in a random portal address and it took me here. (Have portals always autocorrected?) Another goth world. You can’t really see it, but filled with giant vulture like creatures. Very quiet and eerie. This is the dead of night.

Another thing that may be new, but probably isn’t. I remember Polyphemus made a nice little write up on finding ships on the surface, to sell for scrap. If you have a Nautilon, it has a addon which can find sunken ships. Good money as well. Loving the new deeper oceans.

Finally, a Plasmic Accident which gives a cursed item. Going to keep it to see if anything happens.

11 Likes

8 Likes