Screenshots 🖼

The craters disappearing might just be a side effect of the height changes made to many planets.

3 Likes

15 Likes

Landed on this extreme planet and saw this when I first got there. I love the new clouds. :heartpulse:

12 Likes

Bubbles on a Paradise planet.

9 Likes

Going To the Beach

14 Likes

8 Likes

Now we can dig for faecium… :poop:

I was finishing my purge quest and I ended up on this planet.

It had these interesting mushrooms on it.

12 Likes

So that planet offers that or nothing atoll, huh?
:smiling_imp:

4 Likes

That to one gives new meaning to eggplant! :wink:

3 Likes

11 Likes

I’ve seen some screnshots of systems with two stars but I didn’t there could be three. Could we find a system with four?

13 Likes

No Man Sky has defiantly added more depth with the clouds on the toxic worlds.

I also found baby octopus on this planet

and a winged bat.

10 Likes

This was an extreme radiation planet. I was walking towards the thunder, when suddenly the storm picked up to the extreme… and all of a sudden I was being cared away by some sort of gravitational pull, which kept lifting me into the air, and dropping me into the water. :open_mouth:

This was a freighting experience… :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

I couldn’t walk anywhere without know if I would be carried away.

14 Likes

I believe that is called a tornado. :tornado: Been looking for one.

3 Likes

No, that would be clearly visible… Maybe strong winds can do this without a hose forming, or maybe there’s a glitch and the hose wasn’t visible for some reason?

3 Likes

From the patch notes :

• Anomalous planets may now experience strange gravitational events.
8 Likes

Missed that one :smile: So many notes…
So, has anyone spotted a tornado yet? I keep looking!

2 Likes

Yes, but those seem to have visuals too.

4 Likes

I’ve spent all day on a planet with : 300C firestorms, lightning, multiple tornadoes, deep oceans and … a sand-worm.

:frowning_face: Does anyone remember going to the chemist to get film photos processes and being disappointed that only a few came out. That’s how I feel now.

It turns out that they haven’t fixed the camera in VR after all. It’s better, but the clouds tend to repeat and all the subtlety in the interplay between the sun and the clouds and the ground is lost. It ends up with pictures like this.

Terrible pics

A local cow gets sucked up. It didn’t survive.

Completely unimpressive, huh? And yet being there is like…being there. The howl of the wind, the ever changing dark skies, the sun peeking through with bright flashes, the tornadoes moving across the landscape. Amazing. Shame I can’t share the many photos I took with you.

Anyway, so had to resort to using the oculus screenshot camera. Which has it’s problems - it takes about 2-3 seconds to reach for it, then another 2 seconds to click the tiny little button, which often doesn’t respond, and finally a 5 second countdown before it takes a picture. It’s a bit tricky to take pictures in real time. These are the best I could do.

This is a tornado, a bit difficult to see as they keep moving, even if I pause in camera mode.

Here I am in a torndo, trying to take a picture of it from inside.

And some random shots

Finally a shot from flying through the clouds, unfortunately mistimed (did I mention the 10 seconds it takes between wanting to take a shot and it actually taking a shot). The clouds in NMS are amazing, in a storm great mountains of cloud drifting across. From the surface it looks great. Flying above and through them is unbelievable.

This is from 120 u down, it doesn’t really show the scale correctly.

I know, I know. Where is the sand-worm? First I saw it in the distant, while scanning for that last animal. Just a red dot moving up and down and then a 1 second glimpse of…something…did I imagine it? The next I saw it, it was night time, in a firestorm/tornadoes/dark skies. A bit difficult to see. It took about 3 seconds for it to go by, just casually leaping in the air and plunging down into the ground.

Yeah, didn’t manage to get a shot. Sorry. But once I find a portal I can tell you all the address and you can visit for yourselves.

13 Likes

Decided to homestead. Makes it easier to study the archive.

Built-in landing pad.

Had to add the teleporter.

10 Likes