Remove Recharge Hydroponic Planter Requirement

I completely agree, having to fuel each individual one is a pain. A centralized fuel station to charge up once.

4 Likes

I would be good with a centralized refueling option, or having to hire a gek to fuel the stations…we would just have to make sure he has enough fuel to use.

3 Likes

I know.
Right from the drop of 1.3, the charged planters were disliked.
I would accept a centralised planter power generator if we must have powered planters but 'Id rather they just got rid of the power requirement altogether.
This most recent change will make them even more annoying.

ARE YOU LISTENING H.G.???

2 Likes

I think they’re listening for sure, otherwise they wouldn’t have corrected the planters in 1.37. But I would like them to continue to look at it a possibly change their thoughts on how they should work. That is the meaning for this thread.

2 Likes

Thats perfect, the hired Gek wouldn’t collect plants but would maintain them charged as long as he has enough resources to do so.

2 Likes

@AndyBiz10 Exactly!!

1 Like

That way there’s an actual reason to keep them around once you’ve received all the blueprints.

2 Likes

Ok guys.
I’ve got to pack it up for now.
Very sorry for the false lead & hype.

2 Likes

@Mad-Hatter You did good…No False Hype was created. :grinning:

2 Likes

Tis why I have given up farming.
To me it is as if they are saying

NO MORE FARMING ALLOWED

I had actually liked the introduction of the new challenge created in having to fuel the planters, along with the pulsing hue of rebellion red when in need of attention…and had made assumptions without considering it was merely fertilizer for more rapid growth which after reading earlier posts in this thread, I had thought a clever extra aspect if running with and been excited about too…but if I understand correctly as @DevilinPixy said, no visual indicator now being the latest alteration, is all. Ok. A shame though I think, not seeing a reason for planters effectively pretending not to need fuel side-by-side with those that don’t for real! I’d prefer obvious, just for the record, with different reasons for either I’d be good equally with the not needing fuel of earlier days or, need it and show it!

Will check back and @Mad-Hatter thanks for putting the time in and sharing results with us all.

2 Likes

My conclusion for no longer having a visual indicator was based on tests done by @Mad-Hatter, although I doubt this has been intentional. I am now noticing some of my pre-1.37 placed single trays blinking red, while others are completely without charge and remain blue. There were no specific patch notes for them either, other than fixing losing charge on Freighters when the Freighter was moved. Maybe this fix, actually broke some of the charging functionality in general. I can not make sense of this at all with what I am noticing now. When interacting with the trays, they do seem to show the correct status (red vs blue). Maybe I will figure it out, maybe I won’t, but I personally think the visual part is supposed to be there, but currently bugged and unreliable.

3 Likes

I guess thats just how HG wanted to balance the farming. I don’t mind the recharge

1 Like

Tis the problem with most games companies over the years i have seen … they break the game because they have to “BALANCE” things out , just wish one company would not do such!!!

4xPlanters restore full charge, after game reload, when placed on a freighter. :slight_smile:

Biodomes are the unattended farming choice:

Build a cube stairwell and put biodomes on every other level.

Note: I play on PC and have increased the item limit so I could build everything in the building on the right.

7 Likes

Oh my…that’s quite impressive @BlackIris!

@DevilinPixy thank you for that clarification, makes more sense now it being a slight bug, maybe being tinkered with already as the red returned just earlier. I noticed too that unlike long-lasting planter charges if remaining on planet, if teleporting and hopping straight back, charge is fully depleted which hadn’t happened to me before, so maybe how teleportation might mess with time now factors in…if so, cool! Or mabe it’s another minor anomaly…
…maybe Polo knows…

1 Like

It appears the algorithm that is being used stops when you move out of area, I thought this game uses multi-thread, growing should continue when you are there or not, hope they fix that issue.

1 Like

UPDATE.
My experiments regarding planters still using fuel has turned up a curious point.
I have a Starbulb in a planter (in a room I don’t use) that keeps blooming, some (game) hours after being fueled up for testing the other day. I dismantled my test subjects after finding out the planters still require fuel but forgot about this one.
Has anyone else actually tested how long a planter stays powered for now?

Yes, planters stay charged much longer and do not loose charge, when freighter moves.

1 Like