Record Holder Bragging Rights

I am pretty sure actual modern spacefarers would just use Kelvin…

It’s assembler code. It’s possible there’s a n easter egg hidden inside in it, but I highly doubt it. My time with the langauge has been too little and too far back to remember pretty much any specifics. But assembler is an extremely concrete instruction language with the absolute minimum of abstraction. I guess it could be possible to hide some kind of message in a code snippet as short as that, in the same vein as you can write some words on a pocket calculator maybe, but my guess would be that it’s just fluff.

5 Likes

I agree, after some digging in, it looks to be fluff, even though possibly copied from actual NMS assembly. In case of the latter, it would still require quite a bit of reverse engineering after finding some possible matching function locations, to be able to say anything about it.

5 Likes

Yeah, good luck with that, those memory addresses aren’t constant on a run-to-run basis, much less machine by machine…

I almost feel a bit disappointed, though. 5 years ago people would have been all over this! :laughing:

5 Likes

I want to contribute to this thread but my controller is still having issues in NMS…

3 Likes

All those memory addresses show the upper end of the canonical lower half of virtual memory being used. I am disappointed to clearly see how only 48 bits are used from the 64 bits we got. Those robotic critters deserve better to survive an alien world. :laughing:

4 Likes

Record Breaking Bug :link:

7 Likes

Well, that’s one way to measure the size of planets, I guess…

4 Likes

Did you fall through the 3D model and come out the other side…?

4 Likes

:smiley: no, gravity sort of works as expected for that matter.

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

0.3 degree higher and this place could melt lead!

6 Likes

Makes me wonder what the blue fluid in the planet photo is, lakes of liquid metals or salts? Similarly, what are the non-frozen lakes on ice planets? HG never specify that. :stuck_out_tongue: I guess the answer would open a rabbit hole of “now, can I harvest that salt/metal/gas ocean and use it for crafting?”…

3 Likes

i notice that the water temperatures tend to be within liquid range on these planets, even if the rest of the planet is 3 times hotter. also it got worse lol.

8 Likes

That’s hot! :fire: Welcome to the forum @corndog

3 Likes

4 Likes

Me no coder nerd.
Me enjoy fruits of coder nerds, though.

@corndog - - Hot dam!

5 Likes

Ok. This should be in the records. I think I just found the largest copper deposit ever.

11 Likes

Reminds me of the old universe. I used to carve spiral staricases up to the top then mine my way down. I’m also remembering those weird half donut tubes you could also find.

8 Likes

Some planets were really tubular! I liked them. I miss them.

6 Likes