Rainbows :)!

A place for rainbows.

None here, but there could have been with all the mist.

9 Likes

Do people see rainbows often? I’ve seen one and one only, and I’m not sure it was in VR. I was playing around with settings and one appeared during or soon after a storm and during a sunset. That was weeks ago. Is there a definite time and condition for them to appear?

4 Likes

I’ll quote from the previous Beyond topic:

3 Likes

In that case, I guess they don’t appear in VR, at least on my setup. I’ll play with settings some more.

3 Likes

Although I have not yet been able to play the new update, I do know that previously I saw a rainbow regularly on an extremely toxic planet from my base after storms.
Much easier to see through glass.

4 Likes

The quote above seems to still be true. I returned to my base on the planet I was on when I made that observation. Here it is today.

8 Likes

I have read through some old posts in several social places. It could be possible that some devices may not be able to render a rainbow, which is likely a hardware limitation. For example not being able to see a rainbow on a regular PS4, while the PS4 Pro perfectly shows one. I am not sure about the above, although it does make sense, just don’t quote me on it. I hope you will eventually get to see one of course :wink:

3 Likes

Okay, thanks everyone. Got one on a humid, tropical planet (edit: a moon). From 3pm onwards it seems. Now just got to get it working in VR.

edit : as long as “Post Processing” is set to at least high, it will work in VR (Tested on Oculus Rift).

8 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

5 Likes

I was in the middle of a storm and I took this beautiful pic. :grinning:

8 Likes

10 Likes

8 Likes

11 Likes

@sheralmyst - Ooooo. Cool rainbow view when flying. I had not thought to try that. Doh!

@temp - Nice … Storm lightning plus rainbow. Cool dual effect.

6 Likes

I think they are starting to show up more often. Here is one that showed up when approaching an extreme storm from above.

And they are brighter even when viewed through the fog.

7 Likes

9 Likes