Quality of life improvements

According to the latest notes on 1.60 (NMS website), they are working on this (see bold text).

6 Likes

Good to know! :+1:

1 Like

This I like.
Surely in the age of intersteller travel, a traveller must have access to something like a bulldozer that can make a flat patch to start a structure upon.

Would also be nice to be able to put down a landing beacon so teleported ships land in a logical predetermined location…not halfway through my lounge room.

3 Likes

A big wish of mine is to see the amount of required clicking and mouse movement reduced when dealing with inventories to relocate item stacks.

For example in machines, where I click an empty slot to pull up an inventory to select an item stack from. I then have to move my mouse once more and click again on the same empty slot I clicked before, to see it end up there. This part is not even needed, as it could be assumed the intended slot is the location I clicked on before making my selection. This part can therefor be skipped completely, making my life a whole lot easier. This is not just in machines, but happens on many occasions when dealing with inventories and item stacks. The amount of interaction required can be dramatically reduced.

3 Likes

The only thing that tends to really get on my nerves is that collected items and resources completely ignore the cargo inventory when looking for a place to store themselves…

5 Likes

I’d like to see leaves that move, Directional storms as in wind swept areas where trees and rain are directed by winds. And it doesn’t necessarily have to be during storms just ambient movement of trees.

More physics based elements would be wonderful although I realize the addition of such features are not that trivial.

Am I the only one who feels like inventory management is like shuffling a deck of cards?

anyway…
@ SingularGleam - Concerning the spoilers you provided I think the hovercraft is a great idea. Surely it will do more than the nomad since it basically a hovercraft…unless the nomad IS the hovercraft in which case, oh well.

Yes please! my base area looks chewed up! lol

I like all your ideas but this one had me reloading a manual save so i’m all for this.

I knew I forgot something today! :smile:

4 Likes

Here’s a little something… maybe dampen the acceleration when you’re turning/aiming. It’s generally fine just looking around, but it really shows when you’re trying to aim at those little sentinels.

Probably not an issue with keyboard and mouse, but it’s awful on the PS4; makes most of us avoid any kind of combat.

3 Likes

Most of all, not an issue with a scatter blaster! :smile:

2 Likes