PS Operator ID Files (3D Print + Cut Pattern) [fanart]

Glad you specified what the abbreviation stands for as top search results are quite different and certainly less intriguing.

2 Likes

Hah! I had to check and… yeah, a little less so for sure :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Going to get a friend with a proper ink printer to do the rest before I seal the thing shut with glue and weights, but heres a quick mock up with my home inkjet.

One of two things happened.

I either lost one of the black inserts from the envelope in transit or the print shop forgot to put the fifth one in.

I cut a chip off some black stone cut a shard from the garden from an Atlas Station as a substitute.

QR code links to my Atlas-65 profile.

I like to go for the old pixelated lucas arts adventure game styled colour avatars, was happy it printed out decent enough at a low dpi on regular a2 paper. Cant wait to get it printed proper with acetate etc.

Thanks again @vector_cmdr for sharing this fun little project with us.

5 Likes

So cool! We should lanyard these things and wear them with our NMS jackets.

3 Likes

This thing has seriously impeccable timing!

Thank you, @sheralmyst and your brother!

10 Likes

You are totally qualified now. It is almost like System knew… :exploding_head:

3 Likes

OMG @sheralmyst bro made you one? That’s so kind <3 Selfie-Gek is making so many friends, be they human or machine or man-with-machine <3

Friend designation is so damn good :blush:

Mystfam and Gekfam just made my night :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

My Operator pass is generating GR3G. Boundary Failure

4 Likes

Ah, you took it a step beyond with the wires, everyone is so talented :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Ahh! Absolutely perfect Operator designation!
Looks great :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Happy cake day!

3 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes


Still a WIP. I got all the loose parts to fit nicely, nothing is glued just yet.

The Atlas did not print as nice as I had hoped. It had added support to make up for the gap between the key to fit the hole and the Atlas body. I was unable to remove the support well, but I think I can still sort of safe it though.

Have yet to print the image at a copy shop to go behind the frame. I cut a piece of plastic to size for protection, but it might be a bit too thick. Will see how that goes, but may have to find a slightly thinner piece.

It is coming together quite nicely, loving it so far. I do have some spare lanyards

6 Likes

@vector_cmdr I have been trying to figure out the barcode you used in the template, but for some reason I am unable to get a read on it. What type of barcode have you used there and what is it supposed to result in after a scan?

Oh, that’s odd. It should scan as a Data Matrix barcode and result in “PS Operator” for the template one:

I mean the very bottom one, that has PROJECT SKYSCRAPER over it. The square Data Matrix one is perfectly fine
image

1 Like

Ohhh. My bad! :sweat_smile:
It’s decorative jargon, it just decodes to a nonsense string: /X/Z/1/R/4/M+

1 Like

Ah ok, so the nonsense I managed to get may have actually been correct, or very similar … hehehe. Alright, I guess I’ll go with a common linear 1D that accepts alphanumerical. It just got me really curious and seeing it used with others who created it. I like mine to actually decode to something that makes sense.

1 Like

Makes total sense, in hindsight I probably should have hidden an easter egg in it or something :thinking:

1 Like

I’ll just assume you did, while not YET having figured out how to find it

1 Like