Planetary crop growth bugged

I thought I was smart, building small bases to place a few Atmosphere Harvesters, near useful planetary crops. I have 6 planets setup this way for all 3 gasses twice. Worked perfectly fine, harvest 750 gas, run a bit to the crop field and harvest some as well, rinse repeat for the other bases. Sure enough it doesn’t take too long to get a stack of gas (1 hour), while planetary crops likely take a while longer. However, after 4 days of playing, I would expect those crops to certainly be re-grown by now. Sadly enough, this is not the case at all.

Why do those planetary crops not regrow? I have some Star Bulb growing near my home base as well, even those will not regrow any time soon. Some do regrow however, after a real-time day or two, while others never appear to regrow anymore. I am at my home base quite a lot of time, so being near them makes no difference it seems. Of course the bases with Atmosphere Harvesters are just a quick teleport in/out. How does this even work? Do I need to be near, on the planet, in the system, or what? I feel it is tied somewhat to a full planetary reset or something, but that still doesn’t explain why some will not regrow at all.

On my home planet only 3 of the about 12 Star Bulb continued to regrow, albeit very slow. The others never did grow back to be harvestable. I then decided to destroy some other resources near them and sure enough, 2 real-time days later, a couple more finally regrew. Still a few stubborn ones out there though, makes no sense. Did the same at those other planets, getting some resources near them, hoping to force them to grow back somehow. So far no luck at all.

Please HG, let planetary crops regrow like they should. We can farm in real-time, but planetary crops are a pain … where is the logic in that?

4 Likes

Unfortunate but if you placed base terminals there then it’s worth testing if plants you plant yourself work…I think you should be able to plant biome relevant plants directly into the ground…so star bulb plants on lush, cactus flesh in desert and so on…at least before 1.5 you could plant flowers into the ground directly if the planet was the correct biome.

2 Likes

Yeah, that is a solution I thought about doing, just wanted to make this issue known. I am sure it works, just figured it’d save me the effort of farming. Farmed crops at least have specific amounts of harvest, so that’s a plus :wink: I do have my home farm though, so I can still move on without issue, making about 100 mil a day without effort. Might give it a try allowing me to rid of some biodomes (I have 4).

2 Likes

That works, yes - but you need ungodly quantities of the relevant mineral in order to plant them (actually, you don’t plant them - they don’t grow from seeds any more - they somehow spontaneously generate from chromatic metal and minerals).

Each plant requires 100 mineral, and 25 chromatic metal. So for, say, 10 star bulb plants you’ll need 1,000 parafinium and 250 chromatic metal. Frost crystal requires dioxite, etc etc.

It works well once you have it set up, but it’s a lot of work.

4 Likes

I agree it takes quite some time refining, but in the end, it basically just takes a lot of Oxygen. Step in at Dioxite (Cond. Carbon + Sodium Nitr.) or Paraffinium (Silver + Oxygen). Then get to the one you need with Pure Ferrite. Silver is easily mined in space, the Carbon, Sodium, and Ferrite is easily duplicated by refining with Oxygen. I find it cheap, but it is indeed time consuming. I have no trouble getting the Chromatic Metal for planting either, as I have plenty of the coloured system resources.

As I said, I am actually good though and not interested in farming all day, while still making a pretty decent living :wink:

4 Likes

Little off topic I suppose- but does anyone else wish the plants you place outside would grow to look like the wild ones?

4 Likes

It’s a nice idea, but the wild ones take up an awful lot of space. You’d need a farm the size of Luxembourg.

5 Likes

Yes, I want them only for appearance, not for farming reasons :smiley:

4 Likes

Not a major issue…you can buy the minerals…go find a “High Supply” system…the traders there carry significantly higher quantities of stuff for sale.

2 Likes