Photo submitted for calibration

This is a true local bell. And when you put it into the belly of some of the locals, it really does create a true resonate percussion instrument.

6 Likes

Two more submissions for Alkmaar, The Netherlands:

Tourist attraction, our weighing house (cheese), which has a carillon up top.

Our main church, carillon.

5 Likes

One good thing with living so high up north is that you can still take day-light photos at 22pm :smiley:
Greetings from Falun, Sweden.

5 Likes

Give that man a cookie! Best Ice cream in Texas :rofl:

1 Like

GamingDetectives discord suggested I submit my tattoo to project-wt so I did :smiley:

Got this last july, before launch, before the outcry, still proud of it and what it commemorates to me

1 Like

@stryker99 I actually thought of doing this also!!! :smile:

1 Like

Tampa, FL Rail Bells

4 Likes

Got this after a LONG walk

3 Likes

If someone is in Kansas, they should go to the Cosmosphere and take a picture of the Liberty Bell 7, which was the spacecraft for NASA’s Mercury 4 mission (which launched on the start of phase 2).

3 Likes

Totally what’s up community!!

I have been thinking for a while since the pic I first sent showing the Bell from my city church… (took it from google), and luckily there’s a small little construction site just in front of my house that has been annoying us from the noise…
That probably would count as a public resonant percussion instrument I guess.

The machine that is used (example picture) works with percussion (:slight_smile:

1 Like

anything makes a noise…

3 Likes

Holyyyy…!!!
I will never be able to un-see that now :joy:

you’re determined not to leave the house aren’t you

haha no.

I just thought it was a good idea, or maybe not. Atm moment alone with 3 kids, raining like it’s the end of the world, so I’m glad I could take the picture from the balcony.

And even if I was free to go outside, I can’t even load the pic from my mobile device on project-wt.com, so…

2 Likes

haha 18000 steps was it again?

@arpoja literally just got back from taking photos of road works hahaha!

What about an ice cream van? Their music is made by a rotating cog with forks that get plucked as the motor turns, or at least they USED to work likle that.

Went out for a quick stroll, besides the two church belltowers i got yesterday, all I could find were bicycle bells and doorbells, none of the pubs had bells behind the bar either, guess thats more common in UK pubs but I’ve definitely seen em in ours!

Oddly enough, when I leave my estate, first numbered house on the main road is… 16!

Doorbell of my local bank branch

Bicycle bell, got some shifty looks but I couldnt find owner to ask :blush:

3 Likes

I uploaded these three from my local area, kinda felt stupid taking two of them in the city centre, but otherwise I’m all good.

2 Likes

What do you guys think it means when a City is completed?

Technically, it means they got X amount of photographs. Practically, I think it means nothing since they mentioned the goal was to learn about chaotic systems, like this community. So the fact it reaches 100% is meaningless, what matters is how that target was reached, which processes lead to it coming to be.

1 Like

I have access to a tower camera at work. So I sat here and spun it around to get about 4 churches. This is the best one.

4 Likes