Origins/Next Generation (Updates and Patches)

Fully agree.
I’m just not gaming much at the moment & focusing on other, (admittedly more important), things in other areas of my life.

I find taking a good break from a hobby or pass-time, then coming back to it, is very refreshing, particularly if that includes coming back to it with brand new upgraded equipment, (like a fancy new 4k TV or a new gen console).

As with most equipment, first generation has bugs & mechanical issues so patience pays off if you wait. Makes for a much happier return to your hobby, than all sorts of problems causing disappointment.

I hope the PS4 continues to get support & updates for a while yet, especially with worldwide stocks so limited.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Hello everyone,

Thank you to everyone playing the Next Generation Update, especially those taking the time to report any issues they encounter via Zendesk or console crash reporting.

We are listening closely to your feedback, and have identified and resolved a number of issues. These fixes have been combined into patch 3.12, which will be live on PS5, Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One today.

Patch Notes

• Fixed an issue that caused HDR to be overly bright on PS5.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause texture artefacts in the terrain.
  • Fixed a number of issues that could cause base screenshots from being captured correctly on next-gen platforms.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented water droplets from being visible on Xbox Series X/S.
  • Fixed an issue that caused hitching on Xbox Series X/S.
  • Fixed an issue that caused props held by NPCs to appear glitchy on Xbox Series X/S.
  • Fixed a rare issue that prevented some PSN friends from being shown in the list of available games to join.
  • Fixed a memory-related crash on Xbox One.
  • Fixed an HDR-related crash on PS5.

We will continue to release patches as issues are identified and resolved. If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.

Thank you,

Hello Games

5 Likes

Steam is only showing an Experimental patch as of three hours ago.

3 Likes

The Tweet apparently wasn’t very clear on that, saying “all platforms”, while the patch notes only list PS5, Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One.

5 Likes

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all of us Yanks!

Second, while I love the work Team Mercury is pouring into our alternate reality, I hope they finally get around to some issues for us PC users. I can’t see much of my cockpit, and I really need to see the whole panel. View settings don’t seem to help one bit. And the ship’s throttle is still frooked up. It shouldn’t be hard to give us a “nudge and forget” throttle that stays put at a certain velocity.

I also have a HUGE ships icon pop up when I look in the direction of my ship. I’m betting this isn’t because of a mod, because it just happened last night. I’m on 3xperimental too.

Anyhow, off to eat lots of food. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Next Generation Patch 3.13

Patch Notes

• Fixed an issue that could cause shared bases to fail to download correctly for other players.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some NPC starships to appear overly large while playing in multiplayer.
  • Increased the quicksilver reward given for completing the daily mission at the Nexus.
  • Added an option on all platforms that allows players to customise the strength of pad rumble.
  • Added an option on PlayStation 5 that allows players to customise the strength of the trigger feedback.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some lighting scenarios to be overly bright on next-gen consoles.
  • Fixed an issue that could caused random gaps to appear in the terrain on startup, and reduced the frequency of blocky and mismatched terrain textures generally.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some planetary props to be invisible until looked at directly.

• Fixed an issue that caused inconsistencies in the numbering when viewing customisation options.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause part of the tutorial to occur on an inappropriate planet.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause base parts to hover when constructed atop of decals.
  • Critical markers (such as the ship and any active missions) are not faded with distance when viewed in the Analysis Visor.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some photography missions to fail to recognise when players were on the correct planet.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause camera shake to persist after warping.
  • Fixed an issue that caused fireworks not to detonate correctly.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could prevent the tutorial from working correctly if players started on volcanic biomes.
  • Fixed a number of issues with overly-loud base props.
  • Fixed a number of issues with photo mode on PlayStation 5.
  • Fixed a number of text and display issues with PlayStation 5 activities.

• Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause incorrect differences in rock distribution between Ultra and other planetary quality settings.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the atmosphere on some weird planets to be overly dusty.
  • Fixed an issue affecting the placement of props on the terrain.
  • Introduced a performance optimisation related to moving foliage.
  • Introduced a small optimisation to terrain rendering.

• Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when transferring items to/from other players on Xbox.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when predatory creatures bite something.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could be caused when entering the galaxy map with a large number of active missions.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when landing on a derelict freighter in multiplayer.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur on projectile impacts.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when scanning.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when using weapons with non-standard muzzle flash colours.
  • Fixed a number of memory-related crashes.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when getting in the starship.
9 Likes

Ah, that one was so fun. :wink:

11 Likes

Sounds like next-gen players are putting HG’s feet to the fire. :grin:

4 Likes

So a random tweet from SM always gets attention…but what does it mean? :smile:

5 Likes

Ummm ok SM retweeted

2 Likes

Hmm… I dont speak German(I think that is German) but it doesnt look like anything other than just shedding light on someone playing the game? The one about the pie doesn’t seem like anything either, probably just posting interesting stuff he saw that was funny.

But if he posts an emoji…

2 Likes

That was probably a rhetorical question, but just in case, say it out loud.
No man is a pie
No man 's sky
:pie: :yum:

2 Likes

Not that it explains any inner meaning, but Sweeney Todd would probably disagree.

In fact he was instrumental in lots of men becoming pies.

8 Likes

Oh, great Gollum, I loves minced meat pies.
:smiley: (slurp, drool)

2 Likes

Prolly means nothing but I will keep posting these just in case

10 Likes

That… might actually be something. Lol. He used an emoji on something acknowledging NMS Logic.

3 Likes

An update to the Logic?? Maybe.

2 Likes

He used the same emoji on the no man is a pie quote :thinking:
(Update on March 14) ?

2 Likes

I’ll have a slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream,

2 Likes