NMS Origins

How about this one?

• Some uncharted systems may contain planets that are populated by rare cybernetic lifeforms.

WHAT?!

5 Likes

I have linked all vids and patch notes to the top post for ease later on

4 Likes

My tiny minds blown. Out on ps4 10.387gb

3 Likes

Trying to decide how to handle the new threads while we wait for new topicsā€¦

2 Likes

PS4 download started!

2 Likes

Could you do a single topic for all new stuff, and then reorganize after the category is added? Maybe even right here?

2 Likes

Here are 2

When reporting a bug or glitch please use Origin in your title

4 Likes

Steam had gone Public.

6 Likes

at the office about 2hrs to go and then hopefully install - its a public holiday tomorrow [Thurs 24th] and i have booked leave on Fridayā€¦thank you Hello Games - best timing ever :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Time to pack it up, lol! Gotta get this downloaded! :grin: My mom is gonna love having company this early!

Oh wait! Only 1.9 GB on steamā€¦10 hours with my high speed data used up until Sunday

6 Likes

I have to go outside today, and i donā€™t want to. Unfortunately someone who lives close by needs my assistance with cleaning some kitty litter. Kitty cats before games. My tin hat has me thinking that iā€™m tasked with this on purpose, to get me to leave. Aah

6 Likes

Steam: 1.9 slow GB.

2 Likes

Hooked to 2 devicesā€¦30 minutesā€¦maybeā€¦taking a break need to eat

2 Likes
3 Likes

That image is fan art from early days. It was large enough for wallpaper.

Seeing all Seanā€™s tweets makes me hungry to play. I may have to take vacation time! :smiley:

3 Likes

Great interview. So many of us have been yearning for a variety update for so long, and anxious at how the changes in Next looked like that was going in the opposite direction. I think finally hearing Seanā€™s acknowledgement of that, and how this update starts righting that ship was a very important thing.

3 Likes

I figured this would eventually need to happen, though I admit Iā€™m a little sad about it. I grew really fond of the giant striders that roamed my home base planet. Oh well, still overjoyed to have lots of new stuff to explore!

Yeah, we were just talking about that here yesterday! After base-building became such a focus, I was sure HG was never going to do a full reset. It wouldā€™ve likely caused a lot of negativity that they never want to experience again. I figured our only chance of getting something like a reset was a hybrid approach that preserved the old too. Iā€™m so happy theyā€™ve taken the game in that direction.

5 Likes

Yeah, it looks like they wrote a new bunch of terrain algorithms and left the old ones intact. Very nice of them, I just hope the difference between them wonā€™t be too jarring.

Also, I wonder how they fit the new terrain, which can apparently have a much larger scale, into memory. Quite possible itā€™s just the ā€œbase terrainā€ that is scaled up, with the thickness of the voxel layer remaining unchanged, though that could have some weird effects in deep cavesā€¦ Canā€™t play to find out unfortunately, twiddling my broken thumb and watching streamsā€¦

5 Likes

Excellent, finally back home and already installed. Just hope it still runs and nothing goes wrong and frame rate stays the same.

3 Likes

Itā€™s very quiet in here, I wonder why? Lol.

Just wow. I can see for miles, more beautiful than ever. Smoother running too. Justā€¦wow.

6 Likes