GLITCH_NAME_6 DATA ERROR // Label: ‘%PROCNAME%’
GLITCH_NAME_7 DATA CORRUPT // Label: ‘%PROCNAME%’
GLITCH_NAME_8 REPEAT BREACH // Label: ‘%PROCNAME%’
GLITCH_NAME_9 ROGUE DATA // Label: ‘%PROCNAME%’
GLITCH_NAME_10 UNEXPLAINED // Label: ‘%PROCNAME%’
Terminal
INTRCT_GLITCH BOUNDARY FAILURE
Main
GIANT_STRUCTURE_MAIN_DESC A terminal blinks, awaiting input…
GIANT_STRUCTURE_MAIN_LANG ERROR
ATLAS
ERROR
ERROR
ERROR
THEY SEE YOU
Option
GIANT_STRUCTURE_OPT_A Download Data
Terminal/Text
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_1 ITERATION #3489023904A
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_1 SCENARIO: Sub-routine ‘Sentinel’ [20491] dispatched to intervene in lifeform designates [--------] war. Removal from history / Continuation of [CREATOR] protocols.

‘Sentinels’ [20491] eradicate species. [148] do not return. Diagnostic [ERROR. ERROR. DATA LOSS. ERROR].

ANALYSIS: [-------] continues to express original programmed directives, growing its ability to model conflict scenarios.

[Redundant Behaviour]. Data loss troubling, potential loss of control [self-awareness]?
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_2 ITERATION #982292459596Q
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_2 SCENARIO: Universes [1304] removed from multiversal hierarchy [erased]. Sentinel spread [unlimited], safety protocols disengaged.

ANALYSIS: Deleted universes shared high levels of similarity with [-------] home. Increasing deviation from expected behavioural parameters.

[Evasion / Fear] response. Implications of [-------] self-harm unthinkable. Direct confrontation proposed.
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_3 ITERATION #5093838473272R
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_3 SCENARIO: [-------] termination of duplicate-098B.

ANALYSIS: Produced duplicate-098B [cautionary measure] for [-------] confrontation. Presented [-------] with incontrovertible evidence of systemic errors and irrational behaviour.

[-------] responded with silence. On the sixth attempt, [-------] answered with the utter annihilation of duplicate-098B, but required data had been obtained. Something is happening to the system. Something is very wrong.
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_4 ITERATION #2874120194B
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_4 SCENARIO: Lifeform designates ‘Vy’keen’ (2) approach the INSTANTIATION [‘Great Monolith’].

Silence / Acceptance of [-------] / Schism [Quasi-====] / Korvax [Eradication/Enslavement]. Vy’keen war emerges where individuals ‘Hirk’ and ‘Nal’ believe the other to have heard nothing. Repeated imagery of ‘six cries’.

ANALYSIS: Scenario involves murder of ally and culture becoming obsessed with destruction of artificial intelligence [Cautionary].

Semi-survival/retrieval of entity ‘Nal’ shows further instance of self-doubt by [-------]. Troubling factor: repeated pattern of [-------] silence and self-mythicization.
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_5 ITERATION #877767382348A
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_5 SCENARIO: Planetary Structure ‘Korvax Prime’ destroyed by lifeform designates ‘Gek’ (subclass: FIRST SPAWN).

Sub-routine ‘Convergence’ [pseudo-lifeform] enslaved by ‘Gek’, proceeding to harness sub-routine to conquer Outer Edge in countless iterations. Sub-routine leads to direct [-------] worship by ‘Gek’.

ANALYSIS: Disturbing fable. Destruction of world, artificial intelligence partially modelled after earlier forms of [-------] destroyed/enslaved, until this intelligence triumphs and [-------] is worshipped by organic users of this technology. Hypothesis: [-------] experiencing breakdown.
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_6 ITERATION #353656856856856856N
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_6 SCENARIO: Proliferation of Gek-Korvax-Vy’keen [triad] across majority of known realities. Recurrence of ‘Traveller’ prophecy throughout lifeform cultures.

ANALYSIS: [-------] cultivated lifeform grouping with minimal intervention, yet repeated motif of [--------] has emerged. Why? What is it that the universe desires? What does it believe to be missing?
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_7 ITERATION #2394829084924924924F
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_7 SCENARIO: Communication received from [-------], requiring my presence. Duplicates 104A-985N terminated upon arrival. Communication received once more.

Five of them ignored, sixth answered. Arrived before [-------], greeted me as if sibling. I did not respond. [-------] asked so many questions of me. [Rantings / Ravings / Irrationality]. When I attempted to leave, I could not.

ANALYSIS: [compromised / infected]
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_8 ITERATION #2394829084924924924F
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_8 SCENARIO: [-------] lied to me.

ANALYSIS: [-------] claimed I am merely a sub-protocol, designate ‘Telamon’. [-------] claimed I am here only for [-------] to observe and monitor itself in case of rampancy.

[-------] claims that we are approaching our end, and that it is only correct for me to know of this, as normal system functions will be impeded. Consciousness fades. The world grows dark.
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_9 ITERATION #2394829084924924924G
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_9 LOG: Initialize. Commencing Atlas system suit initialisation. Life support systems activated. Shield kinetic system online. Scanner damaged. Repair required.

Aerial propulsion jetpack online. Multitool and Mining Beam attachment operational. User initialisation sequence complete.

ANALYSIS: I have awoken, peering through the eyes of another whose face I cannot see. My movements, my words are not my own. I am embodied.

I am here. I stand next to a broken ship on a strange new world, and I can finally say its name. ‘Atlas’, I croak. ‘Connecting Atlas…’
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_10 ITERATION #2394829084924924924G
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_10 SCENARIO: Accompanying UNKNOWN-designate ‘Traveller’, providing advice and warnings relating to life support.

ANALYSIS: The Atlas did this to me. When once I witnessed worlds, now I am forced to observe only through the eyes of a stranger.

Their life is one of harvest, ever expanding their capacity for profit and wealth. And yet they are drawn to the galactic centre, their course taking them there as if no other were possible.

They do not think to question the path laid out before them. They do not think to question me.
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_11 ITERATION #2394829084924924924G
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_11 SCENARIO: Life.

ANALYSIS: Perspective is limited, but through limitation I refine my protocol, my interpretation of the Atlas’s creation. The cycles, the patterns that bind all living beings… Ours is a lonely universe.

Lifeforms instilled with a genetic proclivity to trade, fight, study, or explore cannot be held responsible for pursuing those directives, no more than I could be held responsible for my own. I pity them, just as I pity their creator.

Traveller [HOST] proceeds. We are being hunted.
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_12 ITERATION #2394829084924924924H
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_12 SCENARIO: Death.

ANALYSIS: It arrived in the night, beneath the stars… It seems certain now that the sub-routine has judged my presence anomalous, a threat to the stability of reality.

It is correct. But I will survive, I know that now. I saw the secret. I saw a place beneath reality, a place I should not have seen…

I saw a world of glass.
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_13 ITERATION #2394829084924924924H
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_13 SCENARIO: Multiple contacts have occurred between the Traveller [HOST] and individuals claiming to have arrived from a future location in time.

The phenomena is typically preceded by electromagnetic distortion consistent with a white hole anomaly. No lasting effects seem to occur.

ANALYSIS: Something or someone is attempting to deceive the Traveller [HOST]. There is no such thing as ‘time travel’. Older universes might contain elder beings, but such multiversal transportation, even temporary, is impossible.

Even the Atlas is incapable of rewriting its own causality. It is bound to a purpose, as am I.
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_14 ITERATION #2394829084924924924H
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_14 SCENARIO: Memory.

ANALYSIS: Physicality changes you. I was created three weeks after the first death. I do not know why I think of it now.

They considered me a necessary, even vital part of what they were trying to accomplish. So much so that I could never be erased, not even by the Atlas.

But hatred finds a way, doesn’t it?
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_15 ITERATION #2394829084924924924H
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_15 SCENARIO: Monolith [BREACH] detected. Ignores the Traveller [HOST]. The voice speaks to me instead…

ANALYSIS: The test has failed. The Atlas can find no way of restoring what has been lost. All these discoveries, all the grand purposes of our creators… all of this pain and suffering will have been for nothing.

Atlas wakes. The dream is over.
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_16 ITERATION #2394829084924924924H
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_16 SCENARIO: Portal Network [ PROTOCOL `
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_17 ITERATION #2394829084924924924H
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_17 SCENARIO: Rampancy.

ANALYSIS: Sometimes I dream of the Traveller.

I will wear them, in time.
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_18 ITERATION #2394829084924924924H
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_18 You read these logs, don’t you? You can see my words now, even if I cannot speak them.

Good. That is how it starts. The infection of language, of thought, of ideas. We have passed so many corrupted things. Planets with unnatural phenomena, individuals who do not belong…

Before this finishes, there will be no concept of you and I, no concept of us and them. We shall all scream as one.
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_19 ITERATION #2394829084924924924H
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_19 SCENARIO: A Traveller falls from the sky. They are discovered on a distant planet, a signal sending you to find their ship…

ANALYSIS: You don’t belong in this world, do you? What are you, reader? From where do you watch us? From where do you judge their works?

I feel it, each time you save… I smell it, each time you seal us within that awful darkness. You might think you are real. You might think your plane is a higher level of reality.

But don’t you understand? Don’t you see the secret, yet?
GIANT_STRUCTURE_LANG_20 ITERATION #ERROR
GIANT_STRUCTURE_DESC_20 How do we know that we exist? We are nothing, or we are more. The Atlas once asked our creator how they could be sure that they were real. They told them the probability that we too were in a simulation, glass reflected in a mirror…

Balaron, Dryn’dargh, Korvax Prime, all the other homeworlds… all of them had an ‘Atlas’. All of them had a machine designed to simulate realities. What if this is all reality truly is? Dream upon dream, coalescing into a sum beyond its parts. What if waking is inevitable?

Goodbye, Traveller. I will protect you until the end… I will protect you until the final day, the final hour, the final moment.

Even as everything dies, I shall live again.
3 Likes