NMS-Inspired Visual Art

You can start a NMS inspired music thread if you like. :blush:

2 Likes

Hey, that is a good idea.

5 Likes

Very nice hand drawings TravelEcho, you are really talented! Thanks for sharing!
Got me inspired to make something colorful today and brighten up my mood. :sun_behind_large_cloud::sun_behind_small_cloud::sunny:

13 Likes

Sweet! I love this. Coloured digitally?

I’m the least “talented” person I know. What you see is the result of the decades of daily practice needed to feed my passion for creating visual art. And thank you! :blush:

You and @sheralmyst both have a lovely sense of colour. Different, but both are beautiful.

5 Likes

Okay, then it’s your skilled eye-hand coordination that manages nicely to bring your ideas from brain to paper! :+1:

I gave up on drawing by hand decades ago - must have been around that time when graphic software came up and I realized that drawing shades and color gradients with software is much easier for me - btw. I have only used color gradients to colorize your art work. :sweat_smile:
The combination of hand drawing with digital image editing is what I like in particular in that picture.
A nice combination of classic and modern graphic work. :bulb:+ :pencil2:+ :desktop_computer: = :rainbow:

sheralmyst’s work is also very nice toned! I like it a lot, reminds me of classic sci-fi comics.

3 Likes

Yes. I thought I recognised that. :smile:

I began using a computer to create art in 1990 (iirc). I thought it would make my house tidier. lol I could make my messes in the computer and no one would see that part.

But I just found it so very unsatisfying as a substitute for painting. I only use it now to clean up scanned traditional work that is going to be used as prints, for turning art into cartoons, for writing up my art process notes, and for playing NMS (and a couple other games).

Nice! :grinning:

Oh! and for chatting with you all here on CSD. :wink:

1 Like

Drew this covering a shift in a very quiet pharmacy in a run down area on September 6th 2016.

Mediums used were bics finest ballpoint pens on magnetic till roll paper (such artist) :joy:

12 Likes

A very expressionistic and powerful picture! I wonder if the environment influenced the creation. :wink:

1 Like

Likewise TravelEcho! :smile:
Do you also paint, like acryl or oil on canvas? That’s I’d like to start one day - watched too many Bob Ross videos… The only other game I like to play currently is The Long Dark, and sometimes it feels like walking through a Bob Ross painting.

2 Likes

Haha yes, Our pharmacy operated on the “one for you, one for me” policy :joy: I wish!

Though I have worked with many pharmacists over the years, I do know a few that when they dropped medication on the floor while packing up for patient, if it was something good and they were on their third 14 hour shift in a row, they’d take it :see_no_evil:

Actually, most med students and doctors I know are all on some sort of upper or practicing nutropics just to keep up with growing demand, short staff, badly financed hospitals and the sheer emotional insanity of ups and downs that come with healthcare and the amount of learning and relearning involved pre and post doctorate.

All of them are incredible life saving heroes <3

2 Likes

That would sound like a nice local habit, and I would ask you to provide the signal booster coordinates or the portal address to that pharmacy :crazy_face: …anyway, inspiration is always good, wherever it comes from.

Yes, unfortunately health care became partly an inhumane industry…

3 Likes

NEXT poster I made :v:

12 Likes

Good stuff, my friends! Keep em coming. :heart:

1 Like

I do. :slightly_smiling_face:

Painting is my life’s passion, though I also write and sing bluesy songs, write poetry, and make a lot of line art.
I spent many years working with watercolours to teach myself how the pigments work together. Oils are my favourites to work with, but allergies keep me from them. So acrylics now. Especially the Golden “OPEN” brand, which dries quicker than oils but much much slower than regular acrylics. I can keep them in open working condition for weeks with a fine mist of distilled water and a reasonably sealed cover.

I paint landscapes and abstracts.

I should have a look at The Long Dark (not that I have time for yet another game!) lol

If you can find the time to paint something small, 2x3-inches daily or a few times a week, say, even on gessoed watercolour paper, you’ll be surprised at how quickly you can improve.

Curiosity and patience mixed with passion.

3 Likes

Emily needs your talent!

Make a comic book about going home.

You might even come to the notice of serious comic book artists!

6 Likes
4 Likes

Based off a pic I posted elsewhere here.

BikerVykeen

13 Likes

Is that a selfie?

5 Likes

No, its my grandmother. :rofl:

6 Likes

:heart_eyes:

4 Likes