NEXT Patch notes - Steam Experimental [POTENTIAL SPOILERS!]

I don’t remember reading about underground hangars in the release notes. You would think they’d document such a complex feature.

I hope they left enough above ground for you to be able to get back inside it.

Sudden fusion with the launch pad on teleportation makes me think they may have been trying their own Philadelphia Experiment.

4 Likes

Missed it by that much
Maxwell Smart.

5 Likes

At first I was like “How did you make that fancy ramp from the door to the center of the landing pad??”, then I realised it was the tail of your ship! :smile:

3 Likes

I heard they were working on submarines… maybe they’re further along than we thought? :thinking:

5 Likes

Wouldn’t this be a subterine, though?

2 Likes

Steam Experimental Patch: [3180166] October 3, 2018 – 19:56:50 UTC

Latest changes on Experimental (03/10):

• Fixed an issue that caused the Exocraft Summoning Station not to work if there wasn’t a Geobay in the system.

• Fixed an issue that could cause ships being teleported to landing pads to appear underneath the landing pad.

• Fixed an issue where an incorrect icon was being used on the new Exocraft tip.

• Fixed an issue that could cause a stutter when using the Analysis Visor for the first time.

• Fixed an issue affected shared race tracks.

6 Likes

@temp

• Fixed a link to SteamDB
2 Likes

I think the thread title might have the words ‘- POSSIBLE SPOILERS’ added, as some new images were quite revealing in a quick peek at this thread. Anyone else think that a good idea?

1 Like

It wouldn’t be wrong, but I think the only reason anyone checks this thread is for spoilers…

2 Likes

It would be a helpful reminder as I was trying to find out what fixes to ladders if any, might be getting any attention. I have been wanting to find out too, if anything is planned to bring back the workshop on PC and also the moving creative filters, which I miss.

I don’t actually use experimental but like to know what has or has not yet been fixed, bug wise.

I didn’t realise major new things were being added. Scrolling though I couldn’t avoid certain images that had more impact than text. Hey ho I shall be more wary next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Maybe we should blur images from now on. Patch notes will still contain spoiler info but, at least there would still be some surprise left.

5 Likes

I’m very much in two minds about this issue. I don’t have a problem with a general spoiler warning - but if you’re not part of the experimental branch, then everything in experimental is potentially a spoiler.

You’ve said yourself that up to a certain point, you regard the information here as helpful, but that beyond a certain dividing line, it becomes a spoiler. I fully understand your point.

The trouble is, that dividing line will come at a different point for every reader. One person’s helpful tip is another person’s spoiler. It’s not possible for the poster to know where the divide lies - it’s in many different places.

Add to that the fact that not everything in experimental is necessarily going to make it into the main game. That’s why they test it on volunteers first - in case it doesn’t work, or breaks something important.

The only answer, I feel, is to treat the whole thread as a potential spoiler. If you don’t want to know the future, don’t visit the fortune teller.:grinning:

5 Likes

Could just add “Potential Spoilers” to the topic title & leave it at that.

6 Likes

It seems to me that whichever way you choose to go on this issue, that “Potential Spoilers” should be added to the header, since HG puts new content into small updates. Any experimental update will potentially have spoilers.

Blurring potential spoilers within specific messages requires compliance on the part of everyone who posts. It seems that this always gives opportunity for spoilers to slip through. I agree with Polyphemus that this entire topic is a potential spoiler. That’s why I’m here.

I’m not a Leader, so I’m not really trying to participate in making the decision itself. Just think of this opinion as an amicus curiae post.

4 Likes

@kerdorin: I have edited the topic title to include ‘potential spoilers’.

7 Likes

Wow! Back here again and there’s been a lot of chat! I agree with you ALL. :slight_smile: It’s true, no need to painfully blur everything here in this thread. Thanks for adding the spoiler hint in the title that’s really all it needs. Well, all I needed before I stumbled in here blindly ‘spoiling’ everyone’s fun :slight_smile:

Tip-toes back out of the thread and uncovers eyes again… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Can’t wait for this update so I can custom paint my exocraft!! :grin: I love to color coordinate my outfits with my rides​:heart:

4 Likes

I hope this means they’re patching up the technician’s buggy quest. I haven’t been able to finish because it wants me to build a geobay, and no matter where i build one, the quest won’t update. Booooo

2 Likes

Looks like the ‘internal’ branch got updated yesterday. Usually an internal update goes to experimental first, to then become public/default if all is considered stable. We may have to wait a while longer for the next event/update to go live for all of us.

https://steamdb.info/app/275850/history/?changeid=5181484

1 Like