NEXT Patch notes - Steam Experimental [POTENTIAL SPOILERS!]

I went back through the portal but the return planet only spawned the abandoned tech or whatever it’s called so no I didn’t try going anywhere else. I’ll give it a shot later. Though back for me is in the Eissentam galaxy so it might not work regardless…will have to see.

1 Like

I found it annoying at first but eventually got used to the new method once the old method was washed from my muscle memory.

One great benefit is, if you hit transfer item on a blank exo suit slot, then go to transfer a stack of 1000 it no longer just sends 250, you can place as many 250 stacks in Yr inventory then and there as is possible with Yr current stock.

Whilr it has made transfer of stuff from freighter and containers much quicker it has slowed down transferring from suit to ship or high capacity, but I’m slowly warming up to the change as I did with the initial changes when next launch (I. E high capacity is more useful for stacks of 500 than it is for stacks of five now since regular exosuit can hold stacks of five)

2 Likes

Aaaand exactly as expected, me going to other systems did absolutely nothing…all I get out of dig spots is trash salvaged tech, nothing else.

1 Like

They should only Spawn behind the portal

The mission does clearly say that they should spawn everywehre in the galaxy after you gather the initial 25 from the planet the portal takes you to.

From the dev notes:
The first chapter of Polo’s research project examines a specific corner of the galaxy, where strange objects have begun spawning underground.

So the description might be wrong

Latest changes on Experimental (31/08):

• Fixed a number of crashes, including one in the inventory UI.

• Fixed an issue that could cause discoveries to stop saving.

• Fixed an issue where players with certain numbers of inventory slots would have those slots hidden by other UI elements.

• Fixed an issue that could cause Community Research portals not to return players to the correct galaxy after mission completion. A recovery fix to return people to the correct galaxy is in progress.

• Fixed a number of small text issues in the first Community Research mission.

• Fixed an issue where the starship was unable to land after changing missions while facing a mission marker.

• Fixed an issue where players with corrupt saves would be recovered but have no ship (please note - this instance involves instances where the ship was the corrupt data, and so ships have been restored to default).

4 Likes

After finishing first twenty five it says its spread through the galaxy, and I can confirm you can get them anywhere then.

I have had certain spouts of just getting tech with no hex for five or six digs but it sounds like DarthTretton has definitely hit some sort of bug with them :frowning:

1 Like

[hides]

Oh well back home soon

2 Likes

If you want I’ve a few outposts you can lay low in till this tides over, nobody who wants to stay in Euclid should be deported :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

How about trying to keep conversations civil. I’ve seen multiple times you can’t.

2 Likes

I think both of you mean well of each other and everyone, including the Vy’keens. Even the Vy’keens love us all Graaaaah!

2 Likes

Oh no… Trump will want to unleash his Space Force before long and then we’ll have walls everywhere.

1 Like

Hmm they changed the mission guidelines since the experimental. It used to say you needed 3. So I was a bit surprised that polo never mentioned the cores when I came back with 3. That actually explains a lot. Well 22 more to go apparently

Not sure if this is just Legacy-Experimental but the scanner is now borked, I’m getting units received continuously when looking at scanned items (zero scan time and getting units)

1 Like

That’s kinda nice no. Don’t forget to claim the full zoology for the planet

You can even scan the same tree over and over. I think we should report this one.

Edit: It happens also on planets I visited before and the plants were scanned by me.

1 Like

So I read the new mission. I’m just guessing, but it’s saying it’s spreading through the galaxy. Could it be that the quest only works in Euclid? You were in eisentam, right? Anyway I guess you already reported it?

Although the Dutch version of the text specifies everywhere. So my assumption is probably wrong

I have seen 2 other users confirm the issue with being able to scan over and over in the replies for the new Steam Experimental patch notes. Best to report this…

1 Like

That’s why I wasn’t expecting it to work…different galaxy. Yeah I reported it. I’m still trying to dig stuff…maybe if I dig enough salvaged tech it will return to giving me Hex Cores though not looking great, just grinded about 20 dig spots both on the mission planet and on the planet I went there from and nothing.

1 Like