NEXT Patch notes - Steam Experimental [POTENTIAL SPOILERS!]

Just wondering, did you make an exocraft? When I made one and scanned from it, it completely killed the hex cores till I visited the location the scan revealed and deleted the bay.

I know landing a ship near buried Tech deletes it if close to surface landing area(or did last time I checked) , building exocraft pad might also do this.

No I didn’t build an exocraft bay.

But my problem is not finding dig spots…my problem is that all I get now is Salvaged Tech.

I guess it can be considered News, although I was expecting it to show in the Release Logs.

Too bad I still don’t see my submission …

Patch 1.58
  • Added user permissions for multiplayer, on a per-save slot basis. Settings for visibility, damage + base editing can be customised to apply to all players, friends only, or no-one.

• Improved the terrain edit saving system, reducing the chance of terrain regenerating. Further improvements to this system are in progress.

• Improved the visuals of player starship trails.

• Added archaeology missions to the available pool of missions from planetary NPCs.

• Fixed an issue that could prevent players with very large save games from saving.

• Fixed a number of issues that prevented save games from loading.

• Fixed an issue that incorrectly synced information in multiplayer.

• Fixed a number of issues that could cause mission markers to be attached to the wrong destination.

• Fixed a number of issues around the refiner and general inventory systems. Improved the pick and drop system of inventory management.

• Fixed an issue that caused visual glitches in clouds at higher resolutions.
  • Fixed occasional crash in geometry streaming when exiting planet atmosphere.
  • Fixed issue where cloud shadows would interfere with reflection rendering.
  • Improved consistency between tessellated and non-tessellated terrains.
  • Improved performance when leaving planets.
  • Various memory savings, improving overall stability.
  • Various performance optimisations.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players from going through black holes.
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to warp and get stuck on the other side of a portal.
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to enter their freighter base when it was not loaded in memory.
  • Fixed an issue where players could start their game in inappropriate systems when starting in multiplayer.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause vast numbers of Sentinel Drones to spawn.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players with pre-NEXT saves from fully upgrading their Exosuit.
  • Fixed an issue where freighter crew would change race on warp.
  • Fixed an issue where player ships could spawn on the same landing pad in multiplayer.
  • Fixed a number of cases where freighter battles were not correctly synced in multiplayer.
  • Fixed an issue where players were not able to land on other player’s freighters.
  • Fixed a number of issues affecting the interaction with captains of freighters not owned by the player.
  • Fixed an issue that caused expedition length, difficulty and rewards to scale incorrectly relative to the power of the player’s fleet.
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to exit their ships / exocraft while tagging a marker.
  • Fixed an issue where ships landed on freighters to be labelled ON PLANET.
  • Fixed an issue that caused player ships to have incorrect information when viewed through the Analysis Visor.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Sentinels to appear as undiscovered creatures when viewed through the Analysis Visor.
  • Fixed the axes used to calculate planet coordinates shown on the Analysis Visor.
  • Prevented players with freighters from warping other players in multiplayer to systems they would get stuck in.
  • Fixed an issue where the freighter dock lights were not correctly lit/unlit when a save was loaded on a freighter.
  • Various text fixes.
3 Likes

It is an odd place for it.

1 Like

You were right! It does take you back to Euclid! So we now have a fast way back, but you’re screwed if you wished to stay in the Universe you were at!

Well done HG! Great update … lol

I had fun though to be honest, just a bit more work in my save editor :slight_smile:

See bug report here:

Fixed, back home! … and mind blown!

4 Likes

Over the coming weeks this will expand to 50+ items, including further base parts, emotes, customisations, exocraft, and more.

Wait, whut? :thinking:

3 Likes

Ooh, maybe that weird station thing happens if you reload? It wasn’t initially like that for me, but when I came back later I encountered the same bug.

I’m bummed that they’ve apparently taken away the ability to relocate through portals. It always seemed reasonable to me in Atlas Rises cause it was a hassle and required sacrificing your old base. All the Next changes made it much easier, but frankly the whole update seemed more geared towards a new “go anywhere” type of play. Seems odd to suddenly pull that back.

1 Like

It’s possible it’s just restricted for those coming through the portal via Polo’s coordinates. I’ve gone through portals in NEXT in the past and been able to use galaxy map.

And those coming from different galaxies as DevilinPixy pointed out, don’t seem to arrive via portal and they also have no problem exploring the the galaxy from that system, which seems to be a bug.

Traveling through portals normally you can claim bases and even leave the system. Or you could before this update anyway, assuming it’s still the same.

1 Like

So does anyone know why they changed how the quick transfer inventory system works? It used to be just a couple button presses now they want you to drag it over and drop it which takes longer. I used to drag and drop when the high-capacity cargo slots and such were introduced then I adjusted and just use the quick transfer menu, but now I have to drag and drop again.

2 Likes

Good question! Not sure why they did this for consoles, but it makes sense for PC players. And maybe it’s more optimized this way?

1 Like

It could be just restricted for certain systems, like this event one, or abandoned ones. However I did manually dial up the event system from another portal and it still wouldn’t let me build on the other side, or put the address in my teleporter. I’ll have to try other systems, but I’m not counting on it.

There were reports of this from the experimental branch, so I rushed to add at least a few other addresses to my tele network before the patch dropped (all my home systems from other saves, and the ETARC capital).

Did you try warping to another system after turning in the intisl batch of 25? The initial batch on the event starter planet is basically a tutorial. You have to go back through the portal and warp for them to start showing up again. At least thats what I had to do.

Does anyone know since 1.58 can you summon and buy freighters in someones game?

I went back through the portal but the return planet only spawned the abandoned tech or whatever it’s called so no I didn’t try going anywhere else. I’ll give it a shot later. Though back for me is in the Eissentam galaxy so it might not work regardless…will have to see.

1 Like

I found it annoying at first but eventually got used to the new method once the old method was washed from my muscle memory.

One great benefit is, if you hit transfer item on a blank exo suit slot, then go to transfer a stack of 1000 it no longer just sends 250, you can place as many 250 stacks in Yr inventory then and there as is possible with Yr current stock.

Whilr it has made transfer of stuff from freighter and containers much quicker it has slowed down transferring from suit to ship or high capacity, but I’m slowly warming up to the change as I did with the initial changes when next launch (I. E high capacity is more useful for stacks of 500 than it is for stacks of five now since regular exosuit can hold stacks of five)

2 Likes

Aaaand exactly as expected, me going to other systems did absolutely nothing…all I get out of dig spots is trash salvaged tech, nothing else.

1 Like

They should only Spawn behind the portal

The mission does clearly say that they should spawn everywehre in the galaxy after you gather the initial 25 from the planet the portal takes you to.

From the dev notes:
The first chapter of Polo’s research project examines a specific corner of the galaxy, where strange objects have begun spawning underground.

So the description might be wrong