New flight controls, what are your thoughts?

Maybe someone could post a video tutorial on how they use the experimental flight controls? I play on the PS4 so I can’t help you out there but maybe someone else is up for the task?

Haven’t played for a week or so, since they implemented that hideous targeting system. :frowning:

Erm… A bit drastic? You can opt out of experimental branch in the app/right-click/settings.
I’m getting used to the 1.6 flight-model… Barely any targeting assistance, but I find the vector really helpful for manual aiming/aligning.
I need to try without mods to fully report a real issue if it is, but on my setup, the on-board holographic radar stops tracking celestial objects when outside planetary atmosphere. (no planets)

I think I’ve noticed that as well… well, I’ve noticed that the planets disappear from the radar, but not nailed down exactly when/why it happens.

I guess it depends on perspective. I feel like that targeting/flight mechanic… mess, somehow made it from CA to EXP and I went from being able to fly around pretty well to bouncing off mountains and shooting lasers into empty space. If EXP is any indication as to what’s planned for the future, there is little draw to backing out and pretending it’s not coming.

A HUGE part of the game for me involves flying around in space ships. If that part isn’t fun for me anymore, then so be it. I’ll give it some time to mature and see what happens.

Is ETARC down? Trying to answer through mail…
1.37 seems to be here. New flight-model. No strafe, back to E for
landing… Responsive targeting. First impression… Nice.

1 Like

Could not get into forum all yesterday but finally back in today. Keep trying!

1 Like

My access for ETARC using 2 different sources was down for about a day…

As much as I like low flight, there’s nothing worse than flying around low, and having a stack of heridium spawn in front of you. I’ve almost died twice.

2 Likes

Haha yeah that can be a real pain, bit of a jump scare too!

How are you guys finding the experimental flight controls? I hear they added at toggle so you can switch between the two control schemes, which is great news. But some of us are playing on PS4 so we have to wait for a live patch to drop.

I used some flight-models that were more satisfying, (ability to move backwards, no dampeners, inertial movement… Better speeds) but vanilla never felt so good to begin with… The .37 key revert was welcomed, although I liked the strafe option (still there to map) vector movement and aiming feels responsive and intuitive enough.

1 Like