Nervous about US$1000 cash reward

Yes of course that’s the intention, and my intention is not to whine about this… the original concern was that a cash prize competition might be exclusively involving those with technical skill to contribute… WT last summer also did require a lot of skill, but those that just tagged along (myself included) still got included in the show through a fantastic immersion, wouldn’t you say so?

There’s a difference between a game and competition, is all I’m saying… but it might not be too big a deal in the end, maybe these concerns will all fall flat once we see the end results, and as many pointed out, the competition might result in being as fictional as the company posing it :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, I am also concerned that the WARE email said the submissions would be used to “short list” them for the voting. That seems to mean that only the best submissions will be viewable for people to vote on. Which, like you said, means that only those with a lot of technical ability will have a chance to win.

I dunno. I have very very limited technical ability and resources and EdgeWare games were featured in the email. I think if you just try and make the best of what you’ve got and be creative you could still be in with a decent chance.

There are some VERY talented people in this community though. It will not be easy.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if any of the developers that were on the ware site have/created game ideas and trailers apart from the discord one?