Melody of the egg : new arc?

Somewhere out in space …

5 Likes

Everyone has gone into hiding. It’s like the day after an apocalypse. :hushed: or is it the day before…?

5 Likes

I am not hiding, just don’t feel like spoiling what comes ahead.

You will all love it though!

7 Likes

@DevilinPixy i mean, ain’t that whole thread for spoiling anyway ? it was made to “leak” egg content a week before it came out

4 Likes

Not really. At the time the thread was set up, we didn’t know what we had. There was a small collection of clues, and we set out to investigate them.

You can argue that HG knew perfectly well that we would find and investigate their clues, and that the whole exercise has been good publicity for their update. It’s certainly been entertaining for us. But it wasn’t our intention to spoil too much. That’s why we didn’t build any bases on the egg planet. Other people did, but not anyone from ETARC.

Of course, once HG released the final beta onto experimental, it was obvious everything would come out. But it’s still considerate not to put it in places where people might find it without being warned.

6 Likes

I know this topic is specifically setup for spoilers, but the new mission parts are behind a timer, to unlock as you go, available in 3xperimental on PC only (Steam). The only way to get ahead is by cheating the game. Considering the new content and the time it is supposed to take, I prefer to let everyone catch up as much as possible. I could show the full path but what would we gain now if we will all get there at some point? Not to mention those on other platforms not even being able to currently experience this all.

Sorry, I personally just don’t feel like it …

Edit: I did not realise this was the previous Egg topic when I posted. The new spoiler topic is here:

4 Likes

I am going to try and get ahead of an issue that may arise when this hits the public branch.
It looks like any system with an appropriate planet-type will work. If you want to be 100%, go to the egg system from the Melody of the Egg mission.
Also, make sure you are in your ship. This new mission (Starbirth) will not trigger on the ground…as far as I know. You need to be in space.

3 Likes

Yeah, i think i’m gonna go and rush that quest :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, they changed the generation, right ? the egg planet had blue grass, not it’s green

4 Likes

I did not go to the planet. I went to the system but was directed to another system so I never landed. Someone else pointed out the color was different. @jedidia, I think.
All I know, my ship lost its wings. Very upsetting.

For those who are waiting without spoilers, (there must be at least a couple of you) this is THE BEST UPDATE EVER! :smile:

4 Likes

Sean Makes a Funny

He drops a Hyperbole…

If Sean’s original video tweet was anything like what you presented here, or that other ridiculous vegetable clip before BEYOND, of someone placing a vegetable inside the wooden arm of a chair, then I’d have to think that this is intentionally exaggerated, to mean…

❝Another crazed and wild update oncoming, somehow patched up to look like it’s always been❞

:whale: …don’t ask

3 Likes

Still think we have a long wait ahead considering the story is still going on and there is more stuff being teased

3 Likes

Also, people who are doing this the ‘honest’ way are still gathering glyphs for the egg system and trying to earn enough QS for the egg at the Anomaly. Many have stated it will be Thursday before they have enough QS.

2 Likes

Oh, I had the QS handy alright. After all, I had just finished the story and never bought anything from that store…

2 Likes

Been hording it up? At this rate, HG may have to rework the small terminals where you can check your stock and have it cash out QS instead of Units.
In fact, I may offer that as a suggestion.

2 Likes

I guess you could call it that, though “not having anything of interest to spend it on” would be more accurate.

6 Likes

But but, trees and flowers :worried:

4 Likes

They’re nice and all, but I’m not much of a builder. I always intend to put some decorations in my bases, but in the end I just don’t have the motivation to see it through, so all of my bases end up with purely functional parts…

Probably got to do with most of my creative drive being used by my job, and an extensive freetime project.

3 Likes

Hmm, will I need to scrap a ship to make room for the new bio one?

3 Likes

That’s my question as well…tough choices ahead…well not really because the update chopped the wings off my everyday ship

Also, the update is not out on Steam yet for the public?

2 Likes

I’m not sure. The release log has all the platforms shown. In the past when the ps4 update was a bit later than pc it would omit the ps4 icon.

2 Likes