Melody of the egg : new arc?

I think a new bug fix patch in experimental means its unlikely we are going to be getting an update soon as why not just wait to fix it during the next update .Although Sean may bury more mysteries in the language files.

6 Likes

I think this will be public on Thursday - wait one day - experimental,
Wait one day - fixes. Wait one day - public

Edit: it isn’t just bug fixes

4 Likes

Like what all I see are bug fixes

4 Likes

So very, very true. But, they did fix this:
20200218115835_1

4 Likes

Because that is all HG wants you to see, :smirk:

4 Likes

Check out some here

3 Likes

Just came across something interesting that honestly I need help figuring out. On the NMS Facebook Page they posted a picture of the Void Egg on Feb 10… I thought the image was strange because of the white bar at the bottom:

Plugged it into Photoshop today, crushed the brightness and this code bar (?) appeared:

I’ve played around with it quite a bit and can’t make anything out of it. Almost looks like maybe we could convert it into a sound (which they’ve messed around with in the past)… Either way I’ve reached my technical limit.

4 Likes

The white bar is supposed to be transparent, but not all image formats support transparency, so it turned white instead. Since you used the posted image to mess with in Photoshop, you likely got artifacts that became even more obvious once you messed with the brightness. The result of compression and changing format, leads to artifacts.

Trust me, there is nothing there if you have a close look at the actual source file from the game.

6 Likes

The image with the white bar is what they chose to post to Facebook, which doesn’t make sense for a professional studio. Reading into it because anyone who does digital marketing would have cropped the white bar out before posting the photo - unless they left it intentionally. I did not convert the image - that is how they chose to post it.

2 Likes

They did not convert it, but Facebook did. Same as images on the forum here get compressed into jpeg format. Reason they likely did not crop it out, was just because it is the easiest way to just get the image out there.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: SPOILER: Starbirth in 3xperimental (Melody of the Egg arc)

@Labrat228: I moved your last post to the below topic, as it contains spoiler for those who are not on the PC 3xperimental branch (Steam):

4 Likes

Beware! Spoilers are cropping up every where Xaine is live streaming it right now

6 Likes

I’ve bailed on looking now, want some surprises

5 Likes

Ooohk time to mute ETARC …see you guys on the otherside of the actual update and live play.

9 Likes
8 Likes

@DevilinPixy where did you find that ?

4 Likes

Somewhere out in space …

5 Likes

Everyone has gone into hiding. It’s like the day after an apocalypse. :hushed: or is it the day before…?

5 Likes

I am not hiding, just don’t feel like spoiling what comes ahead.

You will all love it though!

7 Likes