May 17 - 19 Final 5 Glyphs Active / SM Interview / Voice Recordings Task

It also appears that these may come in, considerable variety.

Which leads me to question the potential of Exocraft variety.

I’m also suspicious that we may receive a ROBOTIC SUIT.

Consider…

Yes… “WHAT IS ON THE GROUND THAT’S SO INTERESTING?”… Sean asks!

A Bipedal Sentinel? No! This one has arms. We have arms. Ah, it becomes clear.

3 Likes

@lordkenpo & @toddumptious: Bit off topic, but just wanted to say thanks for sharing some Joanna Newsom. Reminds me a lot of Cocorosie. Will certainly check out more of her music!

5 Likes

Ys (the album that track comes from) is one of my very favorite albums ever. As soon as this phase referenced Pleiades, I couldn’t not post.

4 Likes

Last I checked I wasn’t, but reality is such a fickle mistress it’s very possible I am. The only evidence I have that I’m not is, I do a terrible British accent.

4 Likes

You are right. Thank you

1 Like

Sean was refering to the fact that he kept staring at the floor for the whole interview.

9 Likes

Indeed… But the the thing on the background, that looked like a spastic mechanical T-rex of sorts… Really was there.

I thought it was just one of those bipedal cow things strutting about.

Yeah, the swaying of the trees, and the teleporting Sentinel or whatever was interesting to say the least.

1 Like

Could have been a bipedal sentinel… The animations didn’t look organic, and it kinda sorta looks like the thing “warped in” out of thin air, but with a particle effect, which kind of rules out a montage “hard cut”, and makes it seem like an easter-egg to me. Credit to SeriousgamerX for a great video on the subject…

4 Likes

L Plays Gaming has a video where he talks about the oddities in the backgroud. His conclusion was this was old footage from a buggy E3 build from 2015. This is not NEXT footage, as far as we know.

5 Likes

Yeah, but the E3 planet was scripted. So they could easily pull it up again, just seems a bit weird to have buggy 3 year old footy at a presentation highlighting whats new to NMS.

And what about the swaying trees?

That was defo not in the demo at E32015.

Are we assuming that that was a pre release feature that didnt make it?

Doesn’t matter i guess. We’ll find out soon enough : D

3 Likes

Yea, I’m not convinced it’s buggy E3 footage either. I think they used the same color pallet as the E3 footage cause it’s a signature thing for HG. And that thing behind Sean’s head doesn’t look like a walker at all. The movements look purposeful to me.

And I’ve seen walkers getting stuck on terrain. They will do little 180’s, turning their body around fast. That robot thing in the Xbox footage stays forward the whole time from what it looks like.

1 Like

Here’s the link to his video. No Man's Sky | SEAN MURRAY INTERVIEW + NEXT GAMEPLAY ANALYSIS!? MORE THAN MULTIPLAYER!? NEW DATES!!! - YouTube
His reasoning is that this planet was generated a long time ago, and much the same way things change during updates, planet-wise, this planet is long gone. It matches the flora and fauna of the E3 demo. But please, decide for yourselves.

4 Likes

MZK did a video too No Man’s Sky – Could We Finally Get The E3 Build This Summer? (NEXT Speculation) - YouTube

1 Like

It’s a box-looking structure… Almost definitely related to the dev kit, I’d guess.

2 Likes

Likely handcrafted, and following the known visual-style of previously showcased planets… So therefore, it does have an “E3” look, as Matador said, but even just for practical availability issues, I really doubt they went back to a five-years-old, incomplete build.

Things that “glitch in” don’t do so with a blue glow that precedes them… That thing has an antenna on top, unlike known sentinel units… or creatures. And it really is a small thing on screen to be certain, but to me, it does have arms. The part that shows partially on the left side of the “anomaly”, to correspond with the one leg that we see on the right side, would be connected to the lower leg… but the thing swivels forth while the foot remains on the ground, showing they are not connected. So arms, in my opinion.

It looks like a cross between a TMNT Mouser and Robocop’s ED-209?
365077+

7 Likes

Yeah im more on this side of the debate.

The way the entity teleported in, it looked proper. It has a nice effect, now the animations, who knows, they do look a bit janky.

4 Likes

Yea it’s a really nice teleport effect too. A nice purple light that generates from the bottom going up. I feel that’s something completely new. :smiley:

3 Likes

We can’t forget about grass and tree wind effect, had this on e3 footage?

3 Likes