Latest Space Missions (& Other Science Stuff)

I remember another article which stated the refurbished consoles would NOT function but have static displays and read outs…it is a shame…the cathode ray TV monitors have been replaced as well. The current read outs are for Apollo 11. Not sure but, I assume they could change that.
I am not sure I entirely agree with the removal of ALL coffee stains and nicotine…it is like taking off a layer of history. Still, I would love to see it. Might have to plan a trip.

1 Like

I don’t! Those are the tiny things that would make you go, ‘ah, I remember how that stain or cigarette burn got there’. Such tiny things would certainly matter to me, if I were to visit and had actually been there at the time. Then again, how much longer could that possibly be. Maybe just have kept the few that do have a story archived?

Same here … one day … some day … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My daughter and I are still seeing the sights. Here is a ‘tiny’ bit of moon history from Arkansas…:smile: You should be able to enlarge the pics and read them.

9 Likes

Moon rock from Apollo 16. Was here a few years back nerding out over the eclipse (https://www.kopernik.org/)

7 Likes

:smile:

3 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

Sorry, I just had to share. :smile:

8 Likes

Next years darwin awards are gonna be crowded…

5 Likes
5 Likes

Found myself thinking about the incredible Moon Landing today. Just astonishing.

11 Likes

Live now! Well, sort of … :wink:

Historic Apollo 11 Footage: Returning to Earth after Moon Landing

8 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

Wow. Just wow!

1 Like

This one is pretty cool :flushed:

8 Likes

There and back no problem, Piece of Cake.:wink:

6 Likes

Just imagine… One day we may be able to do that. One day.
One day we never had No Mans Sky.
One day calculators were mere beans.

6 Likes

Came across this video that shows the Apollo 50: Go for the Moon projection show on the Washington Monument. Must have been quite awesome.

Also a behind the scenes with Adam Savage

8 Likes

Not able to watch it all right now. I would assume it was close to scale. The Saturn V was a beast of a rocket. If I could travel back in time, it would be to that moment when observers were only a mile from the launch pad and ceiling fell in on Walter Cronkites head…would be awesome indeed.

9 Likes