Landing pads missing

You may not have to completely rebuild your base, but the new landing pad may no longer fit where it used to be. Of course this all depends on your base layout.

Do keep in mind that the new landing pads have some trouble snapping and may not snap to a pre-Beyond building part (cuboids, rooms, hallways). To get the new landing pad to snap, you have to be at quite a bit of distance for some odd reason.

I would suggest to use a creative mode save and give it a test, to get familiar with the new size and somewhat odd snapping behaviour of the new landing pad. Then try get it to work with your base.

5 Likes

what @DevilinPixy said

5 Likes

Hi @Jfmoreno, welcome to forum.
I’m finding that the more I retrofit my several existing bases, the more Iearn how to alter things without issues.
Take the time to peridically save your progress so if you run into problems you can reload and try your alterations from a different perspective.
I’ve had to completely restart one base but 2 others have been well behaved enough to work around the annoying little hiccups.

4 Likes

They don’t seem to snap to anything for me. I can place them on top of other things though the placement is a bit finicky and glitchy, but the old “snap to door” method seems to be gone.

2 Likes

You need to set yourself (character) about 2 prefab buildings distance away (100 yards?) from your intended location on the connection (door) side. This is needed for camera range in a moment.
You need a walkway tunnel attached.

Select landing pad and activate build camera.
Move backwards away from the click point so you are on the opposite side of your base with no objects blocking your line of sight but so you can just see your intended target location. You need to be in direct line and about as far away as the camera lets you.
Your viewpoint position should be about 30 degrees above level.
Position your target dot on the upper edge of the walkway tunnel.
This is when it should click. It’s fiddly but it works.

Note 1:
The default position will place the summoning terminal nerest to the door with a ship launch position towards the left. Rotate the pad before clicking if this doesn’t suit.

Note 2:
The summoning terminal doesn’t appear to work on PS4.

Note 3:
The door is jammed open & doesn’t sit at the right height… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Dear lord, that’s some procedure. Next we’ll also have to request a permit from planetary air traffic control first! :rofl:

4 Likes

I was building landing pads on PS4 and placed one at the bottom of some stairs. When I went to place the angled wooden piece under the stairs, it created a landing pad door. Not desirable so I deleted the angled piece. Landing pads seems to be odd. I just place mine in the open.

3 Likes

I gave up. Located mine close by.

And using a Short-Range Teleporter (did have to run power to it).

8 Likes

Another way to place a landing pad.

Using the Basic Building panels, set a horizontal platform at the height you want your landing pad to sit and then use the build camera to place the landing pad neatly on top.
Very handy if the across-the-base method is refusing to click for you or your view is obscured.

This method is useful for placing a landing pad on water above a submerged base or if used in conjunction with a few horizontal panels (like a pathway) which in turn connect to a panel wall on a modular tunnel.

Sometimes a bit of adding and deleting of building parts is required to get components to just the right height you want.

6 Likes

With Public PC patch 2.09.3 (Steam), the Landing Pad does now connect properly to Cuboid Rooms. However it no longer creates a doorway or attaches to an existing doorway - it removed a Holo Door that I had set for it and I had to replace it.

6 Likes