Landing My Ship

Me - Ok, ship, land here

Ship - I don’t want to land here. I want to land over there.

Me - It’s hundreds of yards from where I want to be. Just land where I tell you.

Ship - I like it better over there.

Me - I don’t care what you like. You’re a ship. A machine. Just do what I tell you.

Ship - Oh dear. We’ve overshot it now. Shall I land somewhere else?

Me - No, we’ll turn round, go back, and land where I told you.

Ship - Maybe we could go somewhere else? I know a nice trading post.

Me - NO. I want to land HERE.

Ship - Temper, temper. Try asking nicely.

Me - OK. Please, pretty please, would you be so kind as to land just there?

Ship - Oh, all right. Ooops. Landing Area Not Clear.

Me - It’s a flat empty field. There’s nothing there. What do you mean “not clear”?

Ship - It’s not clear of places I don’t want to land.

Me - Just land, will you?

Ship - OK.

Me - We’re a thousand yards away from where I told you to land. And you’ve landed us on top of a very tall tree.

Ship - That’s AI humour for you.

Me - If I get out here, the fall will break my legs. I’m going to take off again.

Ship - Suit yourself. You’re paying for the fuel.

Me - Ok. Here’s where I want to land. Flat, empty, no obstructions.

Ship - Landing Area Not Clear.

22 Likes

That and then it does 87 barrel rolls, a backflip and then pulls a tango before it lands.

5 Likes

Yeah, try hitting the landing button while upside down. I do that just for fun. At least our ships can’t get stuck up in trees anymore, as easily.

5 Likes

What’s also fun is when you’re trying to summon your ship (after being attacked by biological horrors,) setting the placement hologram on a perfectly flat piece of ground, and watching said ship performing an impromptu airshow (while being torn apart by biological horrors)

Me: I NEED HELP PLEASE
Ship: Landing Area Not Clear
Me: I am running from violent wildlife on a completely flat field! What do you mean not clear?
Ship: …

At least I got an airshow out of it… :+1:t2::ok_hand:t2::sob:

4 Likes

@Polyphemus: I changed the topic category to ‘No Man’s Sky’.

1 Like

I used to do this all the time, I learned the perfect mental trick to flying upside down.

Tell your brain it’s the roof of a cave and suddenly flying upside down close t the ground becomes very very easy.

Soon as you remember you’re upside down and that’s the ground, it all goes out the window.

Landing upside down is always funny, I think new low flight in NEXT has made it even funnier for me, especially in third person :joy:

5 Likes

Funny!

I used to have these problems aswell with my old 1.38 ship called TRV01!

:grin:

2 Likes