Join the Travellers’ Book / Guildford meet-up Saturday August 17th

ATTENTION INTERLOPERS!

JOIN THE TRAVELLERS’ BOOK!

Are you joining us in Guildford on SATURDAY August 17th for our epic community meet-up?

Can’t go? Fear not!

I’m going to bring a TRAVELLERS’ BOOK for everyone at the pub to sign and (somehow) deliver it to Hello Games as a Thank You for 3 unforgettable years of No Man’s Sky.

I want to feature contributions from all of you!

I want you to dig out your best and most memorable shots and send to me and include a short personal message to HG (no more than 200 words) about why No Man’s Sky is so special to you.

Send your pics to hellogamesbook@gmail.com (mailto:hellogamesbook@gmail.com)

Please keep under 50 Mb. Also please remember to include the name you wish to be known as in the book!!

HOWEVER time is tight so I need your shots and message no later than July 24th!! So don’t delay, send today!

This is all about our community and us thanking Hello Games for letting us be part of their journey.

I hope you will all join in!

Rasmus Keldorff

13 Likes

The Guildford meet-up sounds great and I would love to come on over. I will give it some thought. Are you planning to visit the HG offices as well?

The Travellers’ book is another cool initiative which I am sure HG can appreciate :wink:

@MuskelDorff: I have pinned the topic in the NMS category until July 25th.
Keep us informed …

5 Likes

More info about the actual meet-up can be found on L Plays Gaming Twitter.

4 Likes

I don’t think we should stalk HG, that’s not the idea. If they want to drop into the pub and say hello, they’ll be so welcome, of course. But I wouldn’t hold my breath for it.

We do plan to make a trek to the community’s billboard and get a photo taken there with everyone. Still not sure how exactly we’ll get the book to them, but I will make sure we do, in a safe and secure manner that HG can agree with.

7 Likes

Great community mission thank you.

I will definitely submit for the book, being a hemisphere away (south africa) is logistically impossible for the meetup.

Any chance for live video feed/streaming on the day?

5 Likes

Assuming LPlays to be present in Guildford, I find it hard to imagine him NOT doing a live stream, although it would be nice to have confirmation.

4 Likes

Book signing sent with three images from the game. Thanks @MuskelDorff for the opportunity to sign.

4 Likes

Wow, quick reply already letting me know all received with no issues. Awesome.

4 Likes

Glad you liked the pics! I wish you all good luck and have fun. Wish I could join you but it is a bit too far for me to swim, :smile:

4 Likes

Do you have a portal address because I googled it and it estimates 10 hours of conventional flight time for me. :frowning:

I’ll get my ducks in a row and send my contribution asap, great idea! Any chance you can scan the finished product into an electronic version for those of us far far away?

8 Likes

Yes, I’m planning to do a digital version for download afterwards.

7 Likes

Edit: I put Sunday but the meet-up is actually Saturday, my bad. The date was always right though — August 17th

6 Likes

A small update: We are now up to 85 participants, and steadily growing. You’re all still more than welcome to join!

To clarify a bit, I will only be making the one copy to give to Hello Games, but I am planning to share the PDF of the book for free download afterwards, so everyone can see it. This will also make it possible for you to print a copy.

If you have any reservations regarding this, let me know when you submit (or later) and I will make sure to omit you in the download version.

We’ll also make sure to share video of the finished book, and from the meet-up in Guildford.

11 Likes

Last day for submissions on this so giving it a bump.

I’ll have my email constructed and sent later when I get home, hopefully it’s not too late or troublesome for you to get it on the day of Yr set deadline.

I’ll share my most memorable moment here in the meantime while I gather stuff for the email.

After the hate at launch I felt like a Jedi in hiding, like I couldn’t reveal my love for the game. The reddit page had gone rogue and become Mr robot. No mans high was the only safe refuge but I wasn’t a big reddit user and was more a casual observer of friendly people making friendly no mans sky posts.

Then waking titan happened, and I found etarc, and together we helped Emily and for me that is my most memorable moment. Hello Games came back with force and it finally brought a fractured community together. It culminated with me taking a trip to an observatory in Dublin and taking photos and I realised, I can take a comedic stab against the toxic community using their own rhetoric against them. So I made this photo and posted it on reddit. It was recognised by HG and transmitted during the final stream of waking titan season one. Fellow Irish folk and father ted fans contacted me when they saw my name, said they literally cheered to see that name show up knowing there were fellow Irish travellers out there somewhere.

This was the photo and also a link to the original post.

Now, just gotta condense that down to 200 words :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You could just say “I tatooed myself with an Atlas, nuff said” :smiley:

2 Likes

What up Jippers!

Some of you may know that I have organised a UK No Man’s Sky Meet-Up in Guildford on Saturday 17th August at the Three Pigeons (Pub). We have the entire upstairs booked out for the day/night (starting at 12:00). It would be awesome to meet some fellow travellers, enjoy a drink, some food and share our love for the game together in general!

So far there will be:

PS4 Pro + VR setup on a big screen so we can all play BEYOND throughout the day.

We have started to pull together a few cool items that can be used as prizes, perhaps for a quiz etc. (ideas welcome!)… One of the prizes is a special unique Atlas V4 Pass unlike any sent out during Waking Titan (from HG so 100% real).

Drinks Food etc. all available (I will try to see if I can sort a batch and cover the cost to begin with but generally it will be buy whatever you want yourself when you are there).

We’re hoping to head over to the Thank You Hello Games Billboard during the day for a big group photo.

We even have some folks flying over from other countries which is pretty crazy haha!

Plan to take lots of pictures etc. on the day too :smiley:

Ground Rules: (only 2)

Nobody tries to go and find Hello Games staff or hassle them in any way.

Be respectful to each other and don’t cause any trouble (especially if you are planning on having a few drinks).

Here’s a Discord Link to a little channel we set up for those coming: Discord

9 Likes

Thank you @LPlaysGaming, for keeping us informed.
@MuskelDorff: I have adjusted the topic title to include the day/date.

5 Likes

So exciting and so happy to be a part in the book! Wish I could be there. I am sure it will be a day to remember. :blush:

7 Likes

UPDATE:

The book has been finalised and sent off to the printers. In the end, I received entries from 206 proud Interlopers, for a total of 240 pages (the max allowed). It should be arriving to me on Aug 13th, so a couple of days to spare before I set off for the UK for the Guildford meet-up.

I want to thank everyone who participated, and I’m now going to take a few days well earned rest :slight_smile:

Rasmus Keldorff

13 Likes