Interview Transcript

Hey all! Ryan (who does the Orbit TV videos that are so helpful) had a text interview with me just now over Discord, and it was requested I share the transcript here. So, here you go!

[details=Transcript]Edisonica
Hi!

Ryan from Orbit TV
Hey, is this Emily?

Edisonica
The one and only :smiley: You wanted to do an interview, right?

Ryan from Orbit TV
Hey, yes please. I understand you’re quite busy! Is there anyway to prove this is you so I can show my subscribers this is real? I wanted to upload it to my YouTube!
Maybe post this chat log onto ETARC?

Edisonica
I can PM it to you maybe? Or once we’re done I can post it into the forums :smiley:

Ryan from Orbit TV
That would be great, this would just be so people know it’s legit! Anyway, let’s begin, what would you like to talk about?

Edisonica
Oh man, I thought you were the one who was supposed to bring the questions! I honestly have no idea where you’d even want to start or what you’d even want to talk about :sweat_smile:

Ryan from Orbit TV
Well, yes I was. I may have come unprepared haha. I think a good starting point is the No Man’s Sky relations, what do you think about all of it. I’m sure you’ve seen the recent Waking Titan video? There is a sound which sounds like a ‘pulse’ in No Man’s Sky? Any ideas?

Edisonica
A ‘pulse’? Not sure what that is, but from what I can tell (and google) about No Man’s Sky, it seems really similar to Waking Titan. At this point it would be almost more unusual for the two not to be related

Ryan from Orbit TV
So, in No Man’s Sky, the main antagonist called the Atlas has a pulse to it which sounds like the introduction.
And yes I agree, there is so much that collects all of this together. Another example, I think I have found a use for the colors at the bottom of the Echo page!

Edisonica
The RGB thing, right? I saw you talking about it in your video, it’s very clever!

Ryan from Orbit TV
Yes, I think that’s kind of another hint towards No Man’s Sky. Also, we have the Korvax in No Man’s Sky, when they die they release ‘echoes’, this sounds eerily similar to Echo 64, don’t you think?

Edisonica
Yes! I was reading a bit about them, I don’t remember if it was a post on ETARC or a linked website or what. But the idea that when they die, they release this ‘echo’ that is, I guess, their soul… It’s really similar to what the Echo company is claiming to do. I just wonder if there’d be some sort of data loss if this was repeated over and over again-- do you ever run into Korvax in No Man’s Sky that seem corrupted or damaged in a way that would suggest that? Just spitballing here!

Ryan from Orbit TV
Damn!! That data loss idea is a great catch! In No Man’s Sky there is a main character called Nada which has broken away from the simulation, maybe this is ‘broken’? There is also a lot of text or chats you can have with the aliens which suggest that the alien is damaged, you can give him/her a resource and it will be healed or brought back to life.
Damn!! That data loss idea is a great catch! In No Man’s Sky there is a main character called Nada which has broken away from the simulation, maybe this is ‘broken’? There is also a lot of text or chats you can have with the aliens which suggest that the alien is damaged, you can give him/her a resource and it will be healed or brought back to life.

Edisonica
Oh, awesome! Full disclosure, I’ve never played No Man’s Sky and honestly don’t have the time to start playing right now

Ryan from Orbit TV
Now another thing is that people are saying No Man’s Sky is the future of the Echo. Like this is the simulation which is from one of sites called Multiverse-75. What do you think?

No I understand, you’ve got your masters right?

Edisonica
I think this could definitely be the case, No Man’s Sky being some sort of future version of Echo, or their technology. But I also think there’s a lot of stuff we don’t know yet, and I’m just dying to find out! :smiley:
and yeah, I have a master’s in mass communication. I moved to London to get that degree and just sorta stayed.

Ryan from Orbit TV
Oh wow you’re in London right now? I live in England too.

I agree too, so much stuff to uncover. Do you think there is more to be revealed before June 17th? Have you also looked into our ongoing Tape ARG? What do you think of that?

Edisonica
Yeah! although I’m pretty surrounded by other expats (we tend to cluster tightly), so it’s sort of this weird in-between of London and American/Canadian culture and slang when I’m socializing.

I think there’s a lot of stuff to unpack from the echo-64 website still, which is where we should focus our effort for the time being. And, who knows, maybe something will happen before the 17th that has us all scrambling (again). I’ve looked into the cassette tape ‘situation’ you guys have going on within the No Man’s Sky community, and I’m fascinated by how deeply you all analyze these tapes. I think a lot of the stuff that’s ‘found’ is really just a byproduct of the medium, though. Magnetic tapes are really prone to damage, and the ones they sent out look pretty old to start with.

Ryan from Orbit TV
I agree, the area of operation is echo-64, we have uncovered a lot already but there must be more. We have found websites on the site and even a login page? Do you think the phone number will be activated for taking calls or will it stay the same?

Now, before I move on - someone is asking if you could post a full transcript of this conversation onto ETARC? Could you do that?

Edisonica
I think it’ll probably stay the same, at least for a while. The message said something about a ‘predetermined finite state’-- I take that to mean that it’ll be open when it’s the right time!

Yeah, I definitely can :smile: I don’t wanna steal your thunder for your video though! Do they want the full transcript when we’re done talking or just what we’ve covered so far or what?

Ryan from Orbit TV
Yes, that’s pretty awesome really. Now, another thing to talk about is all the numbers on the site, have you any idea what they mean?

They want you to copy and paste all of the text to the site, the entire conversation when we’re done! If that is okay? You won’t steal the thunder, it’s cool!

Edisonica
I wish I did! :frowning: That’s why I started a thread on ETARC about it. I’m no super genius, so the best way for us to figure out problems is to crowdsource it and work as a group. I love the amount of collaboration in our community!

Yep, I can totally do that. :smile: Let them know I’ll start a thread in the Waking Titan Investigation category when we’re done!

Ryan from Orbit TV
Yes I will!! Well I think a safe assumption is the numbers is an IP address of some sort, but the RGB I did also adds up, I think they’re very interesting. Something else has been found called Echosoftware.com - do you think this is related?

Edisonica
Let me look real quick, hang on

Ryan from Orbit TV
It shows a calendar with a very interesting schedule around No Man’s Sky release.
Aug 9-12th

Edisonica
You sure you gave me the right URL? :eyes:

Ryan from Orbit TV
Definitely not right, I can’t remember the URL off by heart :frowning:
So all these other sites

Edisonica
Well, it doesn’t really fit the pattern of the other sites we’ve found so far.

Ryan from Orbit TV
Multiverse, Atlas etc
Yes I agree, it seems too ‘official’
Anyway, these other sites like Superlimina-c
What are your thoughts? They seem to be connected, but they are offline

Edisonica
I think it’s like the message on the Echo voicemail-- they’ll become available when they reach their ‘predetermined finite state’. I’m of the opinion that we’re involved in some sort of… time trickery, I guess. So these sites come up, and they talk about their company history you know, X amount of years in the past-- but they just came online and became accessible yesterday! Stuff like that.

Ryan from Orbit TV
Yeah, that makes sense. I think the thing racking everyone is that this just doesn’t all add up to No Man’s Sky. We havent had any leads on our very own ARG and we have all been investigating this Waking Titan ARG. I understand No Man’s Sky was used to do the dead drop, but do you think this was a way to maybe steal potential candidates to solve this ARG, or do you think it’s all connected?

Edisonica
I think the amount of connections, in terms of stories and lore and background, between No Man’s Sky and Waking Titan is really strong evidence to them being connected. Plus that ‘pulse’ noise you mentioned, I guess that’s a good tip-off for those of you who are more well versed! I think the cassette tapes might have a role to play later in this story, further down the line. For now, though, we have to be able to work together!

Ryan from Orbit TV
Yes, I mean this has gone this far already, there shouldn’t be all this for nothing for No Man’s Sky, right? Yes, we are all in on this, I think just like you we all love the ARG. You mention the tapes, now the word portal is mentioned in our tapes, do you think the site like Multiverse that was found might have anything to do with this?

Edisonica
I definitely think there’s something for No Man’s Sky down this rabbithole-- I just don’t know what, yet! I think that the ‘portal’ keyword you all found on your tapes will probably tie into later stuff, but honestly this is just rampant speculation. I have no idea what Project WT or the Atlas Foundation or any of these people really want, or what they know, or if they’re the ‘good guys’. All we can do is follow the breadcrumbs they’re dropping, and work together to find new leads and crack the enigmas we stumble across

Ryan from Orbit TV
Yes, this is getting very intense and awesome for the entire audience. I have a couple of questions for you if that’s okay?

Edisonica
Sure!

Ryan from Orbit TV
What made you get into WT? How did you find it?

Edisonica
I found it on twitter, one of the folks I follow tweeted about it
Trying to find the original tweet… but I’m having a really hard time!

Ryan from Orbit TV
No worries if you can’t.

Edisonica
I’ll have to dig it up later, if I remember.

Ryan from Orbit TV
I think we will wrap this up soon, is there any messages you have for the NMS community?
Anything you have ideas on, or anything that could help with the investigation?

Edisonica
I just want to say THANK YOU to every single No Man’s Sky player who’s putting in time trying to crack this mystery!

I don’t really have much in the way of new ideas, but I want to remind everyone to work together, listen to each other, and be open-minded to the bizarre. There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Don’t be afraid to make leaps of faith, because if you’re wrong we’re all going to be here to catch you!(edited)

Ryan from Orbit TV
That is an excellent thing to say, I think we appreciate what you have done for us. before I finish - I would like to organise a voice to voice, maybe even a Skype video chat interview with you, could this be arranged? :smiley:

Edisonica
I’ll have to see what I can do, let me see if I can sort out some hardware stuff and get back to you on that one!

Ryan from Orbit TV
Okay thankyou for your time![/details]

Sorry for any wonky formatting!

9 Likes

Thanks for the chat, I loved chatting to you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

excellent work guys this is great

Good interview. Seems like echo-64 should be our focus for now. Those numbers must have a use, we just need to figure out what they represent.

BTW Emily, nice Hamlet quote at the end there. Living in England must be rubbing off on you. :wink:

3 Likes