If the universe really WERE ending

Oddly enough I have dreams like this all the time, they change depending on the cataclysm, sometimes it’s universal destruction, other times it’s a totally freak occurence just effecting our planet or system (like a gamma ray burst going off in our vicinity and frying us all before we can blink)

The other night I dreamt some sorta crazy kinetic storm caused our poles to shift instantly, causing our gravity to fluctuate wildly and everyone just sorta fell up into the sky and died of whatever causes got them on the way up, shock, hypothermia, lack of oxygen, a lamp post or building or various objects also getting flung up (or falling down, perspective and direction is all but lost in such a situation). I have no idea of the exact science behind what could cause such a situation but I think about things like this all the time.

I try to imagine what it would be like to suddenly have a black hole manifest next to us and just crush us into oblivion in nano seconds. Thing is, sadly, we wouldn’t even notice, we are so tiny!

5 Likes

This concerns me too :confused:

2 Likes

It is the most likely, if humanity may be destroyed. Luckily it’s very low “chance” that happen.

2 Likes

There used to be a great website called exitmundi.nl that listed all possible end of humanity scenarios, and sorted them by likeliness or how far off they are on the galactic timeline. Every article was an incredible read with a sorta monty p[ython humor to it. Sadly their domain expired and some sneaky sneak got in on it about a year ago.

WAIT! NO! ITS BACK! YAAAAY!

http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm

5 Likes

Oh this is fantastic! Thank you.

2 Likes

This, most definitely!

1 Like

If I thought I was soon to die in the nuclear fires, I think I’d take a quick holiday. I believe Hawaii’s nice…

6 Likes