Glitches and Funny Pics: The Lighter Side

sealed so no one will know the truth

10 Likes

Slackers :rofl: :sleeping:

14 Likes

It’s at this moment that the red-shirt screams and collapses, and McCoy scans him to find the salt has been extracted from his body like all the other station inhabitants

12 Likes

And then McCoy says, “They’re dead Jim!”

10 Likes

Scene: Mess hall of the Enterprise. Sergeant Jenkins enters -

Sergeant Jenkins “Ensigns Gerblowski and Schmenkel, you’re assigned to the away team. Transporter room, now!”

Ensign Gerblowski “We’ve never been seen in an away team before - Oh No! That means we’re going to die!”

8 Likes

Red Shirts, rise up!
(A zombie apocalypse movie in the concept phase 
)

8 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes
13 Likes

Wow :exploding_head:

Just when I thought NMS couldn’t deliver anymore surprises

6 Likes

That’s one hell of a glitch! Probably HG themselves didn’t realise that could happen
 :rofl:

6 Likes

After that update I read a story just like that (on Reddit I think?)!

I guess it’s just the logical consequence of how they programmed those sentient rocks, and when they realised this side effect, they just left it in because it’s funny.

There is probably a procedural rule that determines which rocks are sentient, and they forgot to exclude decorative rocks. If that rule just says “take this object, add legs of a fitting size, and play the fleeing animal animation”, that rule applies, even if the object is a building

I mean, for a program, all 3D objects are the same, it’s just us humans calling this one a rock and that one a building
 :joy:

5 Likes

IRL there is a creature called a hermit crab. It has a soft body, and no shell of its own, so it will borrow the discarded shell of a dead whelk or large snail.

The author Terry Pratchett extrapolated this idea to extremes with the Hermit Elephant. A resident of Howondaland, the Hermit Elephant is vulnerable because of its very thin skin. For protection, it will move in to a village hut, which it then carries round on its back as a form of armour.

A herd of Hermit Elephants can prove a disconcerting experience for the traveller, when, as he approaches a village, the entire settlement stands up and marches off across the plain.

10 Likes

Hah, yeah, one of those buggers gave my boy the scare of his life!
He was gathering seashells on vacation in croatia, and laid out his spoils on his night table. When he was laying in bed in the evening, one of them suddenly started walking away
 :rofl:

9 Likes

Hello my fellow Traveller ! Being a curious man, I decided to go take a look at this walking observatory of yours and found it without trouble (thanks for leaving a comm station there, it made the trip easier that following the coordinates :). Arrived there , I mined everything in sight including inside the observatory itself but nothing happened
 the building stayed in place and nothing fançy happened :frowning: It looks like you experienced a one of a kind event ! Thank you for sharing your experience anyway and enjoy the game !

8 Likes

Open for video :rofl:

4 Likes

Don’t remember putting that one in the tank

11 Likes

Was visiting one of my farms when this happened, you can just see the farm in the mouths centre.

Unfortunately disappeared on entering the atmosphere

16 Likes

Looks like there really wasn’t space for the Space Encounter on the ground. :wink:

4 Likes

4 Likes

You defeated the purpose of this feature. You are supposed to walk to the next objective. :smirk:

3 Likes