Getting a laugh out of life

@sheralmyst

12 Likes

Wish I had time to devote to such things :grinning:

8 Likes
8 Likes

Ooops moment. Predator just walked right through the wall of my base.

11 Likes
9 Likes

Apparently the astronauts are NOT allowed to eat the cookies, as they require being sent back to earth for further testing :rofl:

9 Likes

Now that is just mean! :smile:
On the other hand, taste buds in microgravity are so reduced in capacity that I’m not sure how well they would taste.

6 Likes

Not sure how good microwaved cookies will taste anyway, but it smells so bad on the ISS that I imagine they may nuke them just for the aroma! :smile:

6 Likes
7 Likes

Pretty peculiar if they had added horseradish, which is one of several ingredients that NASA add to their de-hydrated foods to boost flavour, as mentioned by one of their Food Scientists on telly this evening.

As for the picture it just popped up in a Google search lol

8 Likes

So maybe this will make you laugh and maybe it will make you cry. We had a 3 hour electrical storm last night. It was truly terrifying. It was like the hand of God was hurling lightning at the ground with huge crashing and banging. We stood in the hallway away from windows. My daughter’s PJs were clinging to her and my hair was raised several inches. The air was so charged that the NeoPets I bought for my kids when they were little (can’t seem to part with them) suddenly began to speak. I guess there was enough charge to cause a connection between the pressure pads on the hands and feet to make contact with the circuit boards under them.
Now that the lightning has passed, we find ourselves completely flooded in with the entire interstate under water as well as all back roads. The local humane shelter is flooded and people are rushing in to rescue both humans and pets. All of downtown is closed due to 12" of rain!
Our power went out at 5 am and has since been restored. The power crews have a nearby station and were on hand thankfully. Otherwise they would not have been able to reach us. However, my AC unit is no longer functioning…I wondered what the ‘pop’ sound was…Thankfully the rain is keeping it somewhat cool. Heat index of 105 F tomorrow…
Anyway, this is just one of life’s adventures. If I can survive extremes in NMS, surely I can do the same in RL…right? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :smile:
Stay safe out there people. Keep your space suits in good working order. Never know when you might need them. :tornado::cloud_with_lightning::cloud_with_snow::fire:
Higher little snail, higher!

15 Likes

@sheralmyst
Extreme Weather Detected
:grin:

8 Likes

Another classic from the machine-generated scripts at Botnik Studios

8 Likes

This is the part that would have put the fear in me.

I spent 10 years in Kentucky, but never anything like this. It was tornados one evening that were all around, but no touchdowns locally(within 10 miles).

6 Likes
10 Likes

Yea, exactly. THAT! Too close encounter. LOL.

5 Likes

That’s incredible! Like @DevilinPixy and @Finnerty as soon as you said the toys sprang to life I immediately thought of Close Encounters of the Third Kind too and Poltergeist with the hand on the telly… O.O
I really hope things are at least calming down a bit over there.
As it happened I just watched a snail climbing our window pain at home. It rained today. :worried:

4 Likes

This dry hot desert finally got a little monsoon rain and wind this evening. I went outside and hung out but I looked around and I was the only one outside. It wasnt raining yet, just wind. I get out in it and enjoy some of it before it gets crazy lightning strikes. I thought it was odd no takers for the cooler wind in your face. Ok whatever people. It could and probably will get bad enough to stay in, Haboob dust storms blow through here usually. The dust was west of me today, but maybe tomorrow.

5 Likes

Wow what a month August 2019 is going to be:

First NMS Beyond

Second…hmmMMmm…this

9 Likes

I had once seen a book with drawings about this. I didn’t know there was a movie. You made me watch it. The original movie was beautiful. Now I need this series. Damn you!

Edit: clarification

5 Likes