Geology Cannon

So I have never used it. Does it help you mine up resources faster or just blast away the planet one big chunk at a time?

Wasn’t that the one that drops a hand grenade at your own feet when you click and blows you up?

3 Likes

I never worked out the difference between the geology cannon and the terrain manipulator. The terrain manipulator has adjustable settings, and, at its highest, will also blast great chunks out of the landscape.

AFAIK, the one that blows you up with your own bomb is the plasma launcher.

4 Likes

Thanks! I remember trying the geology cannon once and could not tell it really did anything special.
Will continue to bypass that option.
For the Plasma Launcher, stand back further and do not apply mods that cause too much bounce.

4 Likes

A fully upgraded geocanon can one shot you no problem (as well as any enemies near-by). It used to not damage the player, back before there was a terrain manipulator.

5 Likes

If I remember right, the geology cannon preceded the terrain manipulator…

6 Likes

The geology cannon and the grenade launcher used to be one and the same, then they seperated them so geology cannon doesn’t Merc you immediately anymore and the grenade launcher doesn’t modify terrain.

Haven’t used either since the divide (or the bug where it would autofire when using a mining beam and kill you)

3 Likes

Most of the times I have died since the game launched has been from the Plasma Launcher or the Geology Cannon. Users beware! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :ghost: :skull_and_crossbones: :rofl:

5 Likes