Games and Game-Related old and new

https://themcorpwebsite.com/welcome

An ARG? Or what is this? I’m so confused but I was very entertained by the Gamefest keynote from M Corp.

Edit:

Its for a skateboard game beta. I think XD

3 Likes

Palworld’s update on June 27 brings in a lot of new stuff.

5 Likes

Im looking forward to more Palworld but also Wanderstop caught me eye…

As soon as I saw “Annapurna”, it had my attention. But when it said it was from the makers of The Stanley Parable, im all in.

Looks like its going to be one of those “Cozy” games that goes dark and/or meta like TSP out of nowhere :joy:

3 Likes

My pic

3 Likes

Game jumped right out at me for same reasons.

Judging by the genre and how the game is trying to convince you that its what the character wants and that it makes them happy tells me it’s going to be a huge exploration into that genre of game and how it essentially lures you in with its cute aesthetic then gets you hooked on its addictive but mundane tasks, and how maybe this isn’t a good thing or the fun wholesome vibe it proports itself to be.

I actually really like those games, had a lot of fun with Dave The Diver recently… (harvest moon on original gameboy was my entry point)

… but as with all those games, about halfway through I always get self reflective; the pattern of repetition before me becomes very apparent and I start to question what I’ve even been doing with my time and that maybe I’m really only just playing for those last few achievements now.

The protagonists inner turmoil leads me to believe this is exactly what this game will be exploring (going off their previous work).

Another game that jumped out at me during Blumhouse’s big mic drop industry entering moment was called The Simulation. I cant find any information on it other than what was shown and this tweet from the developer.

Some nice little surprises at the show too, like future president of the world Sam Lake announcing AW2 DLC arriving today in the guise of Night Springs (AW’s outer limits/Twilight Zone counterpart)

Another game that I’m really looking forward to, and they showed a bit more after at Day of the Devs, was Cairn.

Did anyone continue watching after Day of the Devs? For Volvys 15th Birthday?

Devolver Digital continue to just outdo every other game company when it comes to their events. Their e3 parody shows are like nothing else, and they brought that same level of surrealism to their 15th birthday party. Watch it in its entirety if you can, whole thing is trapped inside a psychological thriller/black mirror episode <3

One game from this that, like wanderstop, might not be all that it appears to be, has a demo out, going to give it a whirl :slight_smile:

Even though I’ve had nothing but vitriolic hate towards the vapid reality tv house for 24 years now, I gotta try this.

4 Likes

I did not keep watching but wish I could have. Cool to see Sid Meier there. Full reveal coming in August. Hoping to see some fresh new elements added as I do enjoy the Civ series.
Next on my list will be the Riven remake but I do crave something actually new. Game world is kinda like eating stale cereal these days. Somewhat of the flavor you enjoy is there but after a few bites you realize you need to dump the bowl out.

1 Like

Cairn is also one i am looking forward to. I played Jusant recently and it left me wanting more of this type of game.

If Cairn aught your interest, you may like Jusant.

There is a game mechanic to use your left and right hands to grab for the immersion but you can turn it off in the settings if you want a more traditional gaming experience.

1 Like
3 Likes

Needed something cozy and silly. This works.

3 Likes

I liked the contents of the show (just make sure to close the chat where some whine “But… but… I don’t want that one?!” :person_facepalming:). Just… the hosts? (The two I saw yesterday anyway.) Were they even real?

I kept thinking: “Wow, these actors, they are good actors, they act their role perfectly, much acting, very wow…” They were practically distracting in how mechanically timed and orchestrated they were. Is there a writer team behind the stage that writes down a script with every “spontaneous” word and every stance change and every facial gesture, or do they add those details themselves? Do they have to practice this way of presentation or are they natural talents? Did they get the job because they won the teleprompter reader olympics?

And then the next trailer starts and I realise I haven’t listened to a word they said :rofl:

1 Like

Are you in the Light No Fire Discord? A few fans expect a big announcement at this event, every day. Some bloggers are speculating there will be a trailer, but they don’t know that as a fact. Up to now, nothing. No fan drama either, as far as I could tell, fingers crossed. I don’t want history repeating itself with overhyped fans…

4 Likes

Not in the discord. I have a hard time with the disscordant arrangement in discord. :sweat_smile: but I do have SM and HG set to alert me from several different places so I just wait. Surely we will get a clue or emoji or something when they are ready.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Saw it suggested to me a while back. It appeared really cute to me, although back then there were a lot of complaints about how short the game was. Still curious though and looking at the reviews now, it seems to be better.

Not as cozy and silly, but I saw the below game, and thought of you the other day. Sort of like Stardew Valley in space? Downloaded the demo, played a bit, but not had time to get back to it.

I should probably finish other games first anyway, but a demo doesn’t hurt…

3 Likes

May have to check that out.
And yes, the Kitty game is really short but very engaging. Was a nice diversion.

3 Likes

METROID PRIME 4!!!

2 Likes
2 Likes

I haven’t played Tales yet but im still waiting for the base game’s final Episode to be released. They take foreeeever to release each of the base game’s story chapters.

Feels like I could have had a kid and put him into college in the time it takes for them to finish the dang base game’s story already.

Love The Long Dark, hate the long wait. :sweat_smile:

Edit:
I just want to know what’s in the dang hardcase already!
What is so important about it that someone is willing to die to get it back and more important than surviving an apocalyptic event.

They better not pull a “rabbits foot” on us and never reveal what it is.

3 Likes

I am intrigued as well. Hope the ending makes sense. So far, the story has been great. For me, The Long Dark has been as close as it gets to a perfect game. I really believe they will pull it off.
But yes, it takes so long between episodes, I almost need to replay the whole thing to refresh my memory

2 Likes
3 Likes