Frontiers (Updates and Patches)

Nothing I have seen or heard.

3 Likes

About the only hints we ever get are emojis, and they always have us spinning with notions. Which is festive. :sweat_smile: And on occasion, some rough images or a glitchy video which is even more fun.

5 Likes

god I would love some glitch video hints…longest not quite 2 months ever

6 Likes

Im not a big fan of teasers for games/movies that are set to release years later… But I love teasers when the release is less than a month out. Most teasers leave you waiting for wayyyy too long.

I do hope we get more than just an emoji though.

6 Likes

Sets alarm clock: :spiral_calendar: “Alexa, wake me up when September ends”

“OK, playing Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day”

“No, Alexa! The clock, October 7, it’s important!”

“OK, 52 days (about 7 weeks) until Oct 7”

:roll_eyes:

“Oh, bother…”

“That statement was made by Winnie the Pooh”

7 Likes

Bug fixes

• Fixed a crash related to NPC navigation.
  • Fixed an issue that prevent frigate fuel bonuses from working correctly.
  • Fixed a multiplayer disconnection issue.
7 Likes

6 Likes

3.99.1 labeled as 4.01… on PS4

So either it was a… a… How do you make such a mistype ???

Or… How could the PS4 system not support such numbering?

So…

Are they skipping 4.0 altogeher and going for 5.0 circa 2023?

A tackful way of breaking it to us? How big is this update !!?

6 Likes

but if they had to break the number on PS4 why not break it on the rest also?
Lets hope PS4 is just and oddity, though its gonna make the actual 4.0 really odd numbering when it does come out.

It’s odd for sure. take screen shots just in case lol

5 Likes

Well… :infinity:

“They always did move in exotic circles.”

I mean… now I’m visualizing a future of 3.99.1, 3.99.2, 3.99.3 as 4.01, 4.02, 4.03… skipping 4.0 like a tree that grows roots around a hot potato… teasing us along as they work tirelessly towards a 5.0 circa 2023.

Could they get away with that ‘long-term’ on PS4, per policy?

2 Likes

Pretty easily, to be honest! :laughing:

2 Likes

Good news is…

Posted only 3 months ago, before Endurance 3.94 and the Polestar Expedition…

:link: https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1529435172181004288

“We’ve still got some big surprises coming later this year” :muscle:

1. Granted, that wasn’t referring to 3.94 and PSVR 2, was it?
  2. Uh… I think there’s something else coming, right…
  3. Uh… Another update before the year is out… ?

And if not “4.0”… then “3.99.x” with “4.0x” on PS4… ((Roll the die)) :game_die:

5 Likes

Well you have the switch update…100% we will get one… almost no doubt it will be 4.0
Then you have an update to support apple devices coming and VR2.
likely at least 1 new expedition, and then around Christmas they will probably revisit expeditions and just bug fix.

7 Likes

That’s not a surprise, though… They specifically said “big surprises”…

7 Likes

well the content of the update that comes with it will be the big surprises. doesn’t mean there wont be thing later but, when they drop apple and vr updates

5 Likes

Ah yes, I forgot about Apple! :apple: So, “surprises,” not mentioned in his tweet: Endurance 3.94 and the Polestar Expedition (Granted, I’m not sure those count as “later this year”), Apple devices and PSVR 2 (which I assume will both be later this year, if not at least Apple), and the potential of extra content included with such updates.

Granted, that 3.99.1 numbering makes it obvious that they are in fact putting off 4.0. But why? A very special and very specific content update later this year (one full of “surprises”); Or the lack thereof, skipping to 5.0 circa 2023, because they’re just plain squeezing so much into it that we will all surely pass out from the mere sight of it? Or squeezing so many other things into this one year, that they just don’t have the time for a variation overhaul 4.0 update, what we’ve all been waiting for, and waiting for nearly 2 years now, since the Origins 3.0 update?

Switch arriving on Oct 7 would seem the logical answer to the question of why, with a 4.0 content update included with the Switch release, and very fittingly, only 2 weeks after the Polestar expedition concludes.

So I would think that this is the correct answer. Right?

Uh… :face_with_monocle:

However, we seem to have this matter of a 4.01 numbering on PS4 coinciding with a 3.99.1 numbering everywhere else, which would make it seem as if they were dodging 4.0, skipping it altogether, and then resyncing their numbering across PS4 and all other devices at a later time with say 5.0, which would then fix all the numbering mess…

But then again, when you really look at that 4.01 numbering, maybe they could get away with 4.01, 4.02, 4.03 and then switch to 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 once ready… I mean, 4.0 and 4.00 are the same thing, right? But after that… Are 4.01 and 4.1 the same thing, (I don’t think so, and perhaps 4.01 may even be improper numbering, or at least for an update version, it’s almost like saying the same thing but not, like saying ‘one,’ lol); Are 4.1 and 4.10 the same thing, (depends on how you look at it, I would think 4.1 is to say ‘point-one’ and 4.10 is to say ‘point-ten’, but 4.1 could be viewed as ‘point-ten’ missing the zero, such as how the calculator assumes a hidden zero under certain circumstances; ie. “4.1+4.1=8.2” vs “4.1+4.10=8.2”)? But these are versions, not normal math(s).

So I think they chose 4.01 because it was a clever ‘fluke’ of a version number, one they could get away with. But why skew with the PS4 numbering? Mistake (I don’t think so), or are they trying to communicate something, which I would take as: “4.0 coming soon guys, deal with it.” -OR- “Skipping 4.0 guys, variation overhaul 5.0 coming next year, other content updates until them, working our socks off.”

Of course, I’d like to think they skewed with the PS4 numbering, avoiding 4.0, so as to mark it as special.

2 Likes

Its likely 4.0 is skipped because 4.0 will come shipped with the switch version of the game, as I am sure they will be preloaded, or 3.99 and leave room for day one release of 4.0

3 Likes

I’ve heard someone say that perhaps this indicates 4.0 only coming to next gen (since XB One was also 4.01?)

3 Likes

No, that will never be a thing. I don’t get why people keep thinking it will.

5 Likes

They will hit a technical roadblock at some point maybe but, I agree that that point is probably far away. With all the optimizations they’re (most likely) doing already, it seems unlikely that that’s the case rn.

4 Likes