Frontiers has been released!

Still no sign of the update for PS4…(edit: I didn’t see the response from @Mad-Hatter )

5 Likes

Oh goody, that sounds like some exciting stuff in there. Do the settlements have any interactivity outside of being manageable? Like, are there shops and possibly a couple of contextual missions every now and then?

Oh, and what’s with those AI cores in space stations? Don’t see any mention of those in the patch notes. Something that didn’t make it in yet?

5 Likes

Probably still-to-come…possibly with the next Expedition.

6 Likes

there can be…it is up to the decisions you make as you manage the settlement

4 Likes

Ok, so no shops before you take over. That’s a bit sad, kinda limits the chance of running into cool things just while exploring.

3 Likes

There are plenty of things to keep you occupied as you wait. Have already had to go to my office to handle situations that arise.

8 Likes

Almost 12 pages of construction parts to open :exploding_head:

7 Likes

14.170 GB on PS4 :grimacing:
Now Released!

6 Likes

Woot! Have fun!

If possible, make sure to create a backup, as the update is certainly not without issues. This goes for everyone, whichever platform you are on of course!

6 Likes

Wow. :open_mouth: My story was almost prophetic. Though I am a bit used to it by now. I started a new chapter last month when I threw a fit at my oily oils. Now I feel like I’d better get on it!

And dag nab it, I’m in the same boat as sheryl, sort of. I’m about to get dressed and go to the Blick store for some paint and fresh brushes, now that my bank account has a few new bucks in it, so I’m going to have to satisfy myself with a trailer and stuff while tea brews. SEAAAAN! Your timing, boy! :sweat_smile:

Wow some more. I’m going to be loading up my fic with some interesting tidbits. With luck, and some elbow-brain grease from Team Mercury, maybe a few more tidbits can become a “reality.”

4 Likes

Whew! :nauseated_face: just made it :slightly_smiling_face: .

Now the wait:

4 Likes

Moved you to the new Frontiers section. Enjoy!

Edit: New internet installed. Need to update my wi-fi adapter on my pc or get a really long ethernet cable to be able to benefit fully but oh my…so much better!

6 Likes

Looks like they have made changes to saving, on Steam at least.

There is now a folder ‘strbackup’ with a list of backed up save files, as well as an accountdata file (together with Steam metadata file pair). Currently neither NomNom nor NMSSE appear to be working correctly.

4 Likes

The numbers seem right but the rankings have decreased.

6 Likes

Yeah I was confused on how to read this milestone screen. The dots are not as helpful as they used to be to indicate progress. Does “level 2” mean, that we already broke the maximum, and now it just levels up numerically?

6 Likes

Not quite sure how to interpret ‘Standing’ there either, but it clearly appears to have changed. The link below explains how it used to be, which seems clearer to me:

Time will tell, as there is still a lot of ground to cover when it comes to figuring out new/changed content

5 Likes

Thanks, let’s keep track. Do you ever add your findings of new/changed mechanics to a wiki such as nomanssky.fandom.com? (I think it uses Twitch as user account. It used be called gamepedia but they all got bought up and merged into one last year so I’m not sure any more.)

Since all these lockdowns last year I had time to update some pages in wikis of several games I play, I can say it’s easy enough! :blush:

When I do something (a mission or base building or VR etc) and notice that there is no wiki page yet, or it’s outdated, I try to improve it. Or when I find a useful shortcut that is not mentioned… Or when I read about a common problem on Reddit where the response is “oh you must’ve accidently switched modes, use this shortcut to get back to normal”, I add that to the respective game’s wiki, so that the next person who searches for that common question (like me) finds the answer.

7 Likes

This is new at least for me:

The story

5 Likes

That came with The Abyss update and the Nautilon. It does not show up like it should. Last time I started a new game, it started but never completed. So I have encountered it in its entirety only once.

4 Likes

In the Anomaly the ramp to the second floor has a problem. I can go up it easily but coming down, when I get to the bottom, I have to jump over something in order to continue.

4 Likes