Continues in Summary

YUEZHIANP’S MISSION OF ‘‘PEACE’’

Continues in Summary

URYDEUCI’S GRAND NAVIGATION

Continues in Summary

YATHERMINS’S GLORIOUS VOYAGE

Continues in Summary

4 Likes

I think a few days ago I managed to repair my frigate that was damaged. I sent it out on a mission, while still damaged and then waited until the computer informed me it was residing in another system (still damaged). Next I then warped there and eventually found it, with the little damaged red icon over it. I was eventually able to land on the damaged combat frigate and fix it. It was not easy to find, but in an odd way that added to the anticipation and mystery of the rescue bid. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’ve always found them hanging around near the space station. If you visit a frigate while it’s on a mission, and board it, the frigate captain will offer to share goods with you. Not worth much, but an interesting detail HG thought to include.

2 Likes

Ok, I admit, I was totally unaware that you could repair your frigates in-mission. That’s pretty cool.

3 Likes

It’s not without risk. If you get a report that a frigate is damaged, the safest thing to do is recall it. They can only take so much damage, then they get destroyed.

If you travel to repair a frigate, it can move on to another system whilst you’re en route. If it then gets attacked again, you can lose it.

Fun, though. And by the time you get to that level, money’s not usually a problem.

3 Likes

That I didn’t know. I’ve sent out this particular frigate damaged once before but the mission completed without further damage notification, so I never managed to find out what might happen. Now my fleet rarely seems to get damaged because they’re too darn professional now, unlike me. :open_mouth:

Just recently almost a year on, my frigates all have reached S-Class status which is sort of cool but what I really want to do is swap some for frigates I do want. Maybe now we can delete a frigate to build another.

So could this be the only way to delete a frigate? Or is there another option (not using mods)

3 Likes

I hope we will be able to do the same with star ships. Just being able to get rid of a ship if you don’t want it anymore.

2 Likes

On PS4: I believe selecting the unwanted frigate from in the frigate management menu, (accessed via your Command Ship bridge console), you can then sellect a particular frigate & ‘cancel’ it, using R3, (similar to deleting a save).
I’m not sure what the equivalent is on Xbox or on PC but it must be pretty much the same :thinking:

5 Likes

Yes, I’ve done it on PC, too. But it’s not obvious - the choice doesn’t appear in the menu (that and the fact that PC doesn’t have an R3 control) but there is a way to do it. Let me check.

5 Likes

OK, I checked. Yes, it’s the same on PC.

On your freighter, go to the fleet management console. Call up the list of frigates you own.

Hover your mouse pointer over the listing of the frigate you want to delete - then press the middle mouse button. Same as deleting stuff from your inventory.

Be careful doing this. There’s no warning or error trap. The frigate is just gone.

7 Likes

I must be doing something odd. I have tried EVERYTHING to delete a frigate from the management console list. Still no luck. I also made sure that only the the three button mouse with a roller wheel was connected. All the game keyboard / control settings are at default. Also tried it with some frigates still Awaiting a Debrief. Then tried again without any frigates on any active Missions. Still no success.

I’ve tried this with a complete set of thirty frigates and on another Save with less but couldn’t do delete anything. Are you trying this on Experimental? Maybe that’s why I can’t get this to work.

2 Likes

I’m on experimental at the moment, but I haven’t always been. I’ve deleted frigates before, but I wasn’t sure I remembered the procedure I used - so I went back and checked. It works OK for me.

Couple of things to try - make sure you press and hold the button - as with many keypresses in NMS, it doesn’t execute immediately - you have to wait a second or two.

The other is that (on my computer, at least) the middle mouse button doesn’t always get recognised - sometimes I need to try 2 or 3 times before it works.

Other than that, I’m afraid I don’t know.

2 Likes

VOYAGE TO NIDHOENIA

Continues in Summary

ONWARDS INTO THE EDGE OF SPACE

Continues in Summary

RICKE’S LAST ADVENTURE

Continues in Summary

ONWARDS INTO THE STARS

Continues in Summary

NOXVI’S MISSION OF “PEACE”

Continues in Summary

IN SEARCH OF BRAND NEW PROTOCOLS

Continues in Summary

A DEPOSIT MINING ENQUIRY

Continues in Summary

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice @Polyphemus, I shall try again later this evening. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Deleting frigates has been nerfed on PS4 for some time too. If all else fails you could always send it on a suicide mission

4 Likes

IN SEARCH OF WHOLESALE MARKETS

Continues in Summary

TENORUW’S CIRCUMNAVIGATION

Summary

2 Likes

IN SEARCH OF BRAND NEW NEGOTIATIONS

Continues in Summary

CONQUEST OF EVADALTUW

Continues in Summary

EXPLORING IN THE FAR PLACES

Continues in Summary