For Freighter / Frigate Fans (screenshots)

A topic for all you freighter / frigate lovers out there!
Previous topics can be found here:

Flock it !

12 Likes

I don’t understand what I‘m looking at? Player ships, frigates? Is that modded?

3 Likes

Just a whole bunch of Normandy frigates for ‘Mass Effect’ :crazy_face: (Magic)

6 Likes

I see that Captain Steve is hoping for added play for fleets in the next update.

He also mentioned that the categories of frigates reflects the 4 pillars of No Man’s Sky. I had not specifically thought of that, but it makes sense. So added play centered around a fleet could touch all 4 pillars.

While I haven’t been on playing with fleets much, added fleet play would extend the years of play for me. I haven’t yet tired of continuing to explore.

3 Likes

Wiped out all its craft and firing positions.

2 Likes

Why, you dirty little pirate, you!
:wink:

2 Likes

This is one of my favorite new features.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Child: What did you do today?

Respondent: I went fishing!

Pulled this stuff up along the way:

And caught this old boy:

5 Likes

How many Living Frigates does everyone plan on getting. I’m thinking I will get 4 or 5

1 Like

Have the Leviathan and two of the new ones. That may be enough.

Found anything to feed the organic vessels that does a lot of improvement?

Cpt. Steve had some ideas:

And if the first or second billion is burning a hole in your pocket:

5 Likes

Nice. Just sooo nice!

2 Likes

How exactly does one acquire the living frigates…?
I’ve talked to a couple but they’ve prattled on so I’ve chosen the ‘wake’ option. Does that stop them from joining your fleet?

2 Likes

You need to fly in-system and use the Dream Aerial.

You can craft it anywhere.

It will work the first time for the free one and you’ll need to answer some of the questions. I’m not sure if it works after that so I stuck in Starship’s Cargo area. From then on use the Anomaly Detector. Do not stop for anything other than the message “WHALESONG DETECTED // EXIT PULSE TO EXAMINE”.

Watch the second video: For Freighter / Frigate Fans (screenshots) - #11 by temp

5 Likes

After gaining your first living frigate with the Dream Aerial, you will need to mine asteroids for an Anomaly Detector. Go to a new system for a different Living Frigate type, engage the Detector and stay in jet pulse until the indicator says you have found a whalesong. Adopt. This will consume the detector so you will need to mine for another if you want another living frigate.
The questions you answer @Mad-Hatter will determine the stats the Frigate will have so I would assume that Wake cancels the process and dismisses the frigate.

3 Likes

Happy Cake Day @temp

3 Likes