Expeditions Alphabet

This is a VERY rough sketch on how I think the numbers might work based on the NMSCD 0,1,9 characters

Binary to hex to expedition numbers

4 Likes

Ooops, I spoiled it for myself, I found the solution!

I will SPOILER it !!!

SPOILER !!! solution !!! SPOILER
11 Likes

Welcome to the forum @cyberpunk2350 !

1 Like

Thank you Iā€™ve lurked off and on for a little while but thought I would weight in a littleā€¦especially since Iā€™m working in this over on the AfNMS discord

6 Likes

Ok but how does it workā€¦and how did you solve it?

Or did I miss somethingā€¦so confusedā€¦also on mobile atm, and had a long dayā€¦lol

3 Likes

Dang @DevilinPixy . Youā€™re banned! :rofl:

2 Likes

Start filling them in from what you know and you will see

2 Likes

Ahā€¦Iā€™ll do that laterā€¦when not on mobile :grin:

2 Likes

Ok my numbers dont workā€¦just looked at the race poster againā€¦very much 3rdā€¦back to the scribble padā€¦

1 Like

Could that second one be morse code?

3 Likes

Possibly, but only the dots appear to be clear, the dashes and spaces not so much. Couldnā€™t make much sense of it with a few attempts.

4 Likes

So my suggestion to @AdaRynin is from here on, we can post new posters, signs, etcā€¦that we come across and hide the translation on them for those who might want to solve them on their own . You could add that in your top post or something. Itā€™s your thread though. Do as you please. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

In our Western alphabet we also use a circle to mean zero and O, such overlaps are not unheard of in natural languages.

3 Likes

Not that much of a spoiler, I canā€™t find mappings for half the symbols youā€™re using in thereā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

There are symbols on a few things that are not on that spoiler chart. The awning, the sentinel poster.

1 Like

Keep in mind that some may need reading sideways, like the awning. It also appears some mistakes have been made, or perhaps they made some changes along the way? It is mostly correct though

2 Likes

Are the numbers listed

Summary

in descending order starting with 0

The letters match the

Summary

Qwerty keyboard

but the numbers and punctuation are throwing me off.

2 Likes

Yes, I think the top line starts with ā€¦ 0, to then go 987654321, although youā€™d expect it to follow keyboard layout throughout the image, right? Threw me off as well

5 Likes

Ahā€¦ so 1 and F are the same, but 1 is on the baseline while f is floating.
How on earth did you figure that all out?

5 Likes

I have a working theory that could explain the banner and sentinel poster and starship poster numbers. Since I am sitting in bed and unwilling to get up yet, I include a hand drawn explanation :smirk:

Summary

Does that make sense?

6 Likes