Expedition 9 Utopia

Playing on Steam Deck. The trick to the Volcano mission is to take heat damage.

4 Likes

I was able to get mission completion by standing on a rocky jut right next to the lava (PS5).

Jetpacking just over the top of it wasn’t good enough.

4 Likes

I had been climbing the dark sides to get to the top. I tried climbing the molten (light colored) areas and received the completion message just prior to reaching the lip of the volcano.

4 Likes

I just walked close and got it. (before the patch)

4 Likes

Well I stood next to the lava, and nothing happened. I jetpacked over the lava, still nothing. I drove my nomad over, nothing. Then I stepped on the lava, and it registered instantly - but I also very nearly died.

I think @sheralmyst probably has the answer - it’s triggered by a level of heat damage.

6 Likes

I’m liking the new ship. Seems to easier for me to control.

6 Likes

What’s its special ability anyways? From the descriptions it sounds lke it should handle better in atmospheres, but I never really had much complaints about that with the current ships…

4 Likes

It is fast! Cuts through the planet atmosphere. But then again, maybe it just seems that way after the ‘slow as molasses’ ship I had during the expedition. :laughing:

3 Likes

I think that Maneuverability is tied to the ship model. Not sure how this compares to other ships. And what @sheralmyst said above applies to me also.
2023-02-25 11 17 19

6 Likes

My fairly well updated exotic ship has a maneuverability of 1203, the best fighter that I have is at 1159, and the Golden Vector is around 700 as delivered. The core speed of all of these is 418. The fighter–which was the fastest ship I had–now has a top speed of 2972 in space without pulse drive and 252 over land. It use to be almost twice that before the change to our tech slots. If this ship isn’t already fully upgraded it could be real nimble in flight.

5 Likes

This is how it comes:

8 Likes

I find it to be very easy to overcompensate while maneuvering it but quite fun to fly.

3 Likes

I just got started with this expedition today. I spent a happy couple of hours on the starter planet just gathering materials for future use. Then I put down a base computer and got my first milestone.

I’ve been looking for copper deposits there, but haven’t found any. Also I found no ship icon either. So I have no idea where my ship is. O.o

6 Likes

Yes. This expedition is quite different. I really enjoyed it. You will gradually aquire all you need.
Suggestion: make your starter planet base your main base. Copper is to be found there. Use the exo you will be rewarded with for resource hunting. Does not need refueling. When you can finally find your ship, remember to craft what you need for repairs before you leave.
And anyone having trouble with the 3rd planet, give me a buzz.
On my Steam Deck play thru, I was attacked the moment I landed on the tiny “personalized” island “gracious” Utopia company sent me to. So I tunneled thru it from several sides and took out the entire waves of sentinels until I shut them down for the whole planet. This is one expedition where working together would actually be beneficial.

If my 1st base shows for others, feel free to use it. Utopia Myst.
Has exo, landing pad, 0 storage container, teleporter, nutrient processor and all the upgrade blueprint machines.

6 Likes

Check your tech to find the Analysis Visor missing, to be able to locate your ship.

6 Likes

The maneuverability yellow line shows that the max is possible. Wow. Damage potential is pretty high too.

They do seem designed for flight on a planet.

Nice. I hope these become available in a normal game later.

4 Likes

New update fixed what?

Sure. Nobody was using that half of the island anyway. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes