ETRC station

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/The_Black_Man.jpg/220px-The_Black_Man.jpg here! ^^

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m not 100% sure. He left when I was pretty young, middle school age. I never got to really ask.

1 Like

I see. My great grandfather was a in the military during WW1. He was an adjutant to one of our famous generals Štefánik and helped him to get Czechoslovakia recognized as in independent state in foreign countries during the war. His son, my grandfather, wasn’t oficially a member of an army but he joined the national uprising that took place in Slovakia during WW2. Needless to say this cost him his life because his hideout got reported in 1944 to the Nazis and he got executed. My father was only 1 year old at the time and because his mother never got married again he as well joined the army when we were under communist rule and became a captain at one point. Me and my brothers are the first ones in our familly who didn’t have to take part in armed conflict.

Anyway I asked because I saw we have something in common - both our fathers were in the army and we were both deprived of them in youth - my father died when I was 12 and I miss him at times.

2 Likes

I’m sorry we have that in common. It’s not a feeling I enjoy sharing. My parents died in an auto accident in my junior year of high school, when I was 16. I had a little more time with them, but there’s so much I regret and wish we could have had the time to share.

2 Likes

Yes I feel the same way about it. My father died to cancer. It is sometimes difficult to live in a world where you have no control over such matters. But the bad events we live through only underscore the value of the good ones. A life without pain is a life without meaning. Had my father not died I might have never understood just how powerfull my mother is. We are both lucky to have someone who is there to support us.

2 Likes

I think we all just need some hugs

2 Likes

I don’t suppose either of you have a 5-minuet audio sample of the deceased?

I don’t and would like to add that that is quite an innapropriate question.

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to offend, I just thought you may be able to breathe new life into old memories with http://www.echo-64.com/

1 Like

Do you feel echo is an opportunity to speak them again? Or are you more afraid of it?

I can believe for some people the past is the past, while other crave for old times.

1 Like

1 Like

Hi Emily,
I’m a ham radio operator, NMS player, and mystery solver (in my free time). I’ve taken an interest in the mystery that is WT, as have a lot of us here. I think it’s awesome that you are taking the lead in helping to coordinate our efforts.

That being said, I’m a little concerned about something, and I feel I need to ask you about it. On the forum, in this thread, you appear to acknowledge that @oldgods is a person, and not just an admin account of some sort. This is somewhat disconcerting, as there have been a few references to oldgods in other places, as pointed out by @YankeeWhite.

Is there any clarification that could be made? Please don’t think I’m being accusatory. But this ‘oldgods’ name seems to be prevalent in several interesting places.

Thanks for all your efforts with leading the community! I’m looking forward to learning more about WT!

The oldgods account isn’t relevant to any discussion that’s within the scope of this forum. Sorry!

2 Likes

He has 6 stars above his head. Connected they are a hexagon. All signs of Saturn the old God who is worshiped to this day by most without even realizing it.