Electricity and Piping 101

I am waiting for the first Pachinko machine to be built. Pinball is likely not possible, but who knows? Anyone up for a challenge? :wink:

10 Likes

This is the first time in many years i’ve seen anyone mention or even know what a Pachinko machine is. I had one in late 70’s early 80’s.

7 Likes

Apparently Konami sees its future in mobile gaming and pachinko machines…

Okay. Whatever you say Konami. I’m just gonna chill over here with kojima. Oh no, we’re not laughing at you. Wherever did you get that idea?

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: BEYOND Wires and Logic failing (on reload)

more hijacking!!!
lol
Tis what I found:

Tis the output of an electromagnetic hot spot:

how many generators can be used at this hot spot?
now to find an “S” hot spot!

6 Likes

Not sure…depends.
I’ve got a pretty decent sized base & farm, (with lots of extras), running off 3 EM generators on a ‘C’ class hotspot.

2 Likes

well i put down 9 lol

lol so 9 to run the teleport is overkill??? lol

4 Likes

Do you have more darkness than daylight? It causes the need for a large amount of solar arrays so more batteries can reach 100% before darkness sets in.

3 Likes

I have no idea about time of daylight to darkness, to me it is just a waste of resources.
I find the electromagnetic field and go from there.

4 Likes

As I said in my reply to you above, You can find out the length of your day/night cycle by looking in one of the Solar panels.

I know, I know… you’d rather use EM power and it’s cool to play any way you want, imo. More power to ya! :joy:

4 Likes

lol no i did not realize until now what ya said lol

3 Likes

Moved us all over to the proper thread

4 Likes

If you are just looking for the output numbers for an “S” electromagnetic spot, I can get that for you when I return home and jump back in the game.

2 Likes

not just looking for numbers, but for how others have used the items, how many can be put down, etc

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s a hard limit, just diminishing returns the further they are placed from the hotspot.
Also, you can put them on top of each other…

4 Likes

I think I put 32 on this base, some are directly over the hot spot (Class A) and then of course the rest diminish away. I am generating 3600kph and the entire station is using about 800. There are 12 short range teleports, the main teleporter and a lot of lights. There are some garage doors but I think they are nerfed right now.

5 Likes

Does anyone know what the tall thin pole with a laser beam of light coming out the top of it going straight up, is for? I keep accidently pressing some button combination in Oculus Rift and one of these appears to the left of me. It tends to happen when looking for power hotspots, but I can never work out how I did it or, more importantly, what it is for.

3 Likes

It is a temporary marker produced (on PC) by holding F putting you in scanner mode and then hitting E.

It can be removed using the same sequence if you aim your reticule on the icon.

Sorry. I don’t use a controller or a VR setup.

5 Likes

Thanks! That was it, but in VR it seems to appear out of sight so I only notice it when I turn around. Very useful.

2 Likes

I was setting up some Electromagnetic Generators . They’re working but I saw this:
Anyone know what the Hermetic Seal refers to? When I left click it, it just turns completely white. I added some Hermetic Seals to my suit but that didn’t change anything.

4 Likes