Yes. : ) I noted the screenshot name from Steam which is the date and time. As long as that time is within + or - 16 secs it should be okay. Also the time must be UTC so if you are in a time zone or summer time then that also needs to be corrected to UTC. I hope that’s right.
I don’t believe you are human. You’re a Korvax right?
UTC never changes. Your phone or computer should auto adjust for your local time(assuming you have your local time zone set up in your settings) and that should carry over into Steam or any other app you use
Yeah that’s right. All the clocks here are adjusted from UTC to summer time right now.
and mine are adjust to daylight savings time which makes me UTC -5
You’re right! That’s important to say. To be precise:
- I pushed the button when my phone world clock showed the right UTC time.
- And I entered that as UTC time in the form.
- And I entered the Steam-file timestamp as my local timezone in the form.

To be fair, I’ll go design some spaceships now, I don’t feel like sitting in the snow and taking Visor screenshots… (Unless System says it’s like… super essential.
)
That’s a very large discrepancy from me. I only gave one other reading before then, at 00:00 so there was a large gap between the two. Maybe today’s data will shed some light on it. Do you have a link to the predicted times?
EDIT: I see the issue now. It looks like I submitted the same time twice in a row. I will alert System to the error.
None of the ones I submitted are in the list either and i have no neighbour. It looks like just the first few received for each UTC synch time are being added?
I entered my portal code incorrectly. I used the portal decoder and forgot we had to use the hex address which was used when we were assigned our systems.
0C83:00C7:0C5A:0178
31784845B484
I used the hex as it was given for my window.
Well it does say first readings and it is still accepting readings so perhaps you were further down the list. I imagine we were all beat to the punch by those who can apparently copy/paste faster than I can gather a thought…
for me personally, I prefer to actually understand something and see the evidence for myself
Indeed, I was having to switch between browser tabs/screenshots to gather accurate data to copy/paste, but I did submit some within a minute or two of the actual UTC synch time. Oh well I tried.
They will likely show up later. It looks like the list will update at some point.
I have my laptop and the PS5 is on TV so it makes things a lot easier for me.
I got no idea what’s going on here.
Charting your what planet? How did you choose? time to your own physical system time?
You’re… anchoring your own computer system to System?
I have no idea how to contribute, but whatever resource that’s tracking this game-wide would be helpful to see later on, when it becomes the key.
This fits my real computer angle of approach. ![]()
I have a two monitor setup for my PC but I rarely use the second monitor as it only has one input which my PS5 is hooked up to, so I was already perfectly set up for keeping an eye on the time on my PC and then just pressing the screenshot button as the clock ticks over.
Submitted some for the last three time syncs at 12:48, 13:04 and 13:20 (UTC). Gotta go clean my place up a little now but will try get back on for some more entries later on.
I didn’t submit much yesterday but I’ll have time to send quite a bit today.
We were given a Prime number
We were given a MAINFAM System, where a lot of us made bases there
We were given our own individual systems, a hex address to go to
Find a planet within your own individual system
Find location 0,00 0,00
Now work out where you are in our RL actual world time zone. And figure out a valid sync time. Easy one is 00:00 UTC (Zulu time), + or - how ever many hours your time zone is. At your local time which == UTC time you make a recording.
So for example I’m UK time, which being British Summer time is +1 hour .. So 01:00 in the morning is 00:00 UTC .. Be in game at your local time which equals UTC 00:00, at location 0,00 0,00, and at that exact time record the in game time (in your scan visor)
Then fill out the form linked earlier.
On the form there are other times you can sync to noted as XX:52 etcetera, XX being the UTC hour plus those minutes.
Form = Temporal Alignment Survey – project-skyscraper
This might be helpful NMS Prime System Sync Clock
Also this by Vector_Cmdr PS OPS CENTRE | TOOLS
Primes with successful uploaded synced times are being recorded here Temporal Alignment Results (in progress) – project-skyscraper
I’m gonna leave you guys with a cheat sheet courtesy of @YourBasicMaths and embellished by me. If you time your pic snap right, you can capture these times and verify you are in sync.
Only thing for you to do is figure your local time at those UTC times listed so you will know when to make the observation.
Pics are not required. I just use them for my own personal record.
(16 minute variance of the game time listed is acceptable)
Go to the Star System that System gave you via Terminal.
Go to a planet in your system and navigate to 0,0 coordinates (you can see these coordinates in your visor or when in your ship in the cockpit in First Person view)
Use this tool here if you can as it is very handy
https://project-skyscraper.vectorcmdr.xyz/tools/?window_sync
Left column is UTC time, Middle Column is YOUR local time, Right Column is the time you should be capturing in-game at 0,0 coordinates on a planet within the system that you were given by System in the terminal when you enter your prime. Greyed entries are time sync windows that have just passed, white entries are the upcoming windows for the next few hours. This will help you plan a schedule for when you are available to capture data.
System has given us a +/- 16 second margin for error on screenshots or data capture if you just want to right the info down, so your time may differ than the exact time if you press screenshot too early or too late.
Plus or Minus 16 seconds in game equates roughly to 16 minutes so your time may vary from what is expected in the right most column by this much.
Fill out the form here with your captured data, galactic coordinates will be the hex address you got from Terminal when entering your prime.
