Drift Detected (time sync science)

That looks perfectly in sync with what I have been using.

1 Like

I’m having trouble right now Steam not recording my F12 press. Restarting Steam. To try a couple more UTC submissions using the Portal Hex.
This is a really wild planet.

3 Likes

I used “Print Screen” keyboard then copy pasta in OG paint

3 Likes

I have uploaded both 03:36 and 03:37. My in game scan time is somewhere in between those two

5 points of reference should be good, as Alone Amidst The Stars story mission needed only 3

3 Likes

Ahh, so they should have used the portal address verbiage instead of galactic address to avoid the confusing them.

Fine with me, portal addresses are easier imo.

3 Likes

yea the code we were given by System after confirming our PRIME ID is what makes the most sense to use for hex portal code while observing a world of confusion and dismissal

2 Likes

One day it will click, but I fear it will be too late. :face_with_peeking_eye:

#CroissantRealities

If you have my synced clock open while you are at your 0.0 coords, it will show you how many seconds your character is off by since it updates live. From the data I received yesterday, some had 1-2 seconds ahead. Some had a 5-6 second drift. All are within the 16 second margin for error.

It updates the clock once immediately on load, then re-runs it every 1000 milliseconds after that. Each time it fires, it pulls straight from your device’s system clock, converts that to planet time through the ‘utc to planet’ formula, and redraws both clock faces. So every tick is a fresh, independent read of “what time is it right now”.

4 Likes

I have a lot of apps open (connected to the ARG), so my pc is struggling. I discovered F12 now works but I have to NMS in fullscreen mode as opposed to windowed mode. So I have to tab now to check the Temporal Alignment times to compare. Should be okay now.

Also have to feed the cat at the same UTC time. It’s now lunchtime (again lol)

Temporarily align the cat’s food so the Universe doe not implode : )

2 Likes

Guys…it’s getting more dangerous the longer I stand in one spot. I think the Atlas wants us to keep moving…


5 Likes

Dangerous? Nah.

The things we do for science… I wonder if System and Operators will win a Nobel prize for this : )

5 Likes

We definitely should…at least get our names on a wall somewhere :trophy:

4 Likes

I just built a circular room centred on 0,0. Stormy weather seems to be a recurring theme on many of the planets the operators have been assigned.

4 Likes

Save it as a .BMP to go full old school and have a massive file size :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

well I have recorded both 00:00 and 12:00 Not sure I can do many more…got things to do


and I now have butter and croissant on my num pad…

3 Likes

Easy to spot 0.00, 0.00, I even made it a game long time ago and still do this, to try land 0,0 upon exit of starship whenever I spot the crossing seams upon planet approach.


Appears to be an abandoned Vy’keen observatory on planet 3 (my assigned glyphs uses planet 1)

Just snapped at 2026-08-07T12:00:00Z

I actually went full circle and submitted them all for a full 24hr real time 16 mins repeat.

Hope it helps System get its bearings :partying_face:

7 Likes

Email sent to archie on findings analysing the temporal data

https://forums.atlas-65.com/t/contact-coordination-emails-to-the-architect/10141/55?u=rusty

Also, I have a reduced list filtering for data with difference >48 minutes between predicted and observed dream time:

3 Likes


: ) I hope. I hope. I’m a bit bruised with all the bouncing around.

3 Likes

(On PC/Steam) I look at the world clock on my phone and press F12 several times to take screenshots quickly.

Then I look at the files that Steam generates, their names are 12 numbers = a timestamp: E.g. 20260806 for the date, followed by six more digits for hour min sec. Followed by _1, _2 for screenshots taken within the same second. (I heard that consoles limit the screenshotting speed?)

And then I compare the time in the screenshot and the timestamp in the file name, and delete the duplicates that are too early or too late, and keep the one in the middle. I assume that’s an acceptable approach?

PS: no advice re: cat. :grinning_cat_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I nearly did the same thing last night, but then the new page for August 7th Valid Entries section would have looked a little differently than it does now LoL

indirect evidence is real tricky to navigate when observing things

3 Likes

I have the clock on my phone propped up against my monitor so it is close to the clock in my visor

5 Likes